Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Premium Member
26,859 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I found an Elite answer in the specs that i have been wanting for years,I should have it in approx 10 days and plan on setting it up....with aluminum arrows and a 125 or 150 gr fixed broadhead for hunting.

I purchased half a dozen 2216 last fall and when I was sighting a bow in with them,I had two of them bend after going through my beat up target and hitting the solid ground behind my target.So I am leaning towards ordering some xx75 2219 this time.I put a few carbon arrows through the same target the same day,wiped them off,flexed them and then went and killed deer with them.It has been at least 13 or 14 years since I shot aluminums.I believe going with a 2219 this time will add a bit more toughness.How many of you are shooting an aluminum arrow for hunting?

·
Premium Member
26,859 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
This is a picture of one of them,It was not bent as bad as this when it went through target.I was just having a bit of fun afterwards,However the arrows were not fixable after the first shot going through target....

·
Registered
915 Posts
I have an answer that I am contemplating selling. Its a pretty sweet bow but I'm getting the itch for something new. Maybe the new Ritual but I don't know if I want to wait for the leftys to come out or not.

·
Premium Member
26,859 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
What's the specs on your LH answer?..I will buy the ritual...but not until summertime...I like picking up used Left handed bows this time of year.The last few years I waited 3-4 months for "new" models of bows...screw that...Grizz

·
Premium Member
26,859 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Interesting,I am in the middle of a deal for the same bow,just a 28" draw.I may be interested in a few weeks if you decide to sell it,send me a pm.I like having doubles in bows I keep to hunt with...Grizz

·
Premium Member
26,859 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The answer should be here mid week.I still have not decided on either 2219 or 2216 aluminums yet but will be setting it up with a multi pin sight and a qad hdx.....Grizz

·
Registered
224 Posts
The answer should be here mid week.I still have not decided on either 2219 or 2216 aluminums yet but will be setting it up with a multi pin sight and a qad hdx.....Grizz
The Answer is a sweet shooter. I'm doing a re-do with my 2013. I got some shoulder problems so I got a set of 60lb Barnsdale limbs on order. So I thought why not have my riser re-done in ASAT camo. Catfish is going to do the Kolorfussion. Still waiting on limbs and still Hunting with it till mid Feb in NJ.

·
Premium Member
26,859 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
That will look great.I would have already ordered the xx75's but amazon is currently out of stock and I am not willing to pay shipping on them from Lancaster...I am hoping they are back in stock soon,I may order some more 2216 and a dz 2219 as well.I am burnt out with building carbons and want to set up a few bows with aluminums...Grizz

·
Registered
40 Posts
Love my 2013 Elite Answer, too! I had a Prime Centergy ordered new last year and sold it by November. Got a Halon 32-6 after that, but blew through 2 deer in 3 days using the Elite Answer with the same arrow on both deer because I never doubt the outcome. I buy backup bows for fun, but I am keeping that Elite Answer til the limbs fall off. It is so smooth pulling and reliable. Does my heart good to see you guys are still shooting this great bow!

·
Premium Member
26,859 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I am actually more excited to get this bow then the bm 32 that will be here this week, and other then a few bows so far this year.I really am not overly impressed again with "new" bows.I will be more then happy with what I already have, if I do not buy anymore this year...Grizz

·
Premium Member
26,859 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I placed the order for more xx75 2216 and xx75 2219,I will setup the answer with one of the two spines and go from there....Grizz

·
Premium Member
26,859 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I may go with a 180-190 gr african phathead on the tip of the xx75 2219....I will be deciding in the next few weeks....Grizz

·
Premium Member
26,859 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I ordered 5" black arrow wraps from onestringer,I will be using either 3-4" black feathers on these arrows.I wanted to try something different and think the black will look great on the xx75 2219 aluminums.I am just deciding on which broadheads to setup with this bow...Grizz

·
Registered
388 Posts
Why the desire to shoot aluminum? Just wondering?

·
Premium Member
26,859 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Because I have 200+ carbon hunting arrows built and 8 other hunting bows setup with them, and want to do something different...bored with carbons...no desire for more carbons,just xx75 this winter...:)

·
Registered
388 Posts
Because I have 200+ carbon hunting arrows built and 8 other hunting bows setup with them, and want to do something different...bored with carbons...no desire for more carbons,just xx75 this winter...:)
Gotcha! I loved my Answers by the way. I had two of them.

·
Registered
10,383 Posts
Good luck with the new log launcher!

·
Registered
2,664 Posts
I hunted 2 seasons ago in Texas with xx75 2117s. Shooting a #53 PSE Phenom and I blew through 3 hogs, an Aoudad, and a WT buck. I went with Exodus and Slick Tricks.
You’re going to love how quiet they make a bow and how hard they hit an animal.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk spelling/grammar errors are likely to occur.

·
Premium Member
26,859 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
The answer is here,I had a few hours to get it setup after work this evening.I flung a few arrows in my basement and will tinker with it the next few days as I have time...very solid bow..pretty happy with it...Grizz

1 - 20 of 48 Posts