Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
At the end of my post "Ross Archery" I asked about Elite Bows and if anyone knows much about them. I posting this again just in case someone would be caught by the Elite Archery Title, where they wouldn't have by Ross Archery. I've been asking for advice about Matthews, Bowtech & Ross Bows and this morning was told that Elite was also an excellent choice. I was told by an archery shop that the original engineer for Bowtech left them due to some problems with their bows and started Elite Archery. I was told that these bows are faster, have stronger limbs(avoiding problems that bowtech had) and just as smooth and quiet as a Matthews. This bow, like the Ross is new to me since I've been away from bows and bowhunting for about 7 years. I'd sure like some feedback, advice, opinions, etc. on any of these bows....Matthews, Bowtech, Ross and particuliarly the Elite. Thanks in Advance for your help. Have a great and Blessed Day.

·
Registered
8,821 Posts
Texas Outfitter said:
At the end of my post "Ross Archery" I asked about Elite Bows and if anyone knows much about them. I posting this again just in case someone would be caught by the Elite Archery Title, where they wouldn't have by Ross Archery. I've been asking for advice about Matthews, Bowtech & Ross Bows and this morning was told that Elite was also an excellent choice. I was told by an archery shop that the original engineer for Bowtech left them due to some problems with their bows and started Elite Archery. I was told that these bows are faster, have stronger limbs(avoiding problems that bowtech had) and just as smooth and quiet as a Matthews. This bow, like the Ross is new to me since I've been away from bows and bowhunting for about 7 years. I'd sure like some feedback, advice, opinions, etc. on any of these bows....Matthews, Bowtech, Ross and particuliarly the Elite. Thanks in Advance for your help. Have a great and Blessed Day.
Welcome to AT. I have a Bowtech, Mathews, and Elite. Nothing wrong with either of them. Elite does have it going on I will say that.

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the quick reply. Which models of each do you have and how do you compare them as far as quality, speed, smoothness and over all shootability? You say Elite has it going on! How so? Thanks again.

·
Registered
4,496 Posts
The elites are not any faster than the bowtechs, there has been some reviews on here that will show that they are not faster. As far as quality of the bows they are all the same, people will claim that the elite barnsdale limbs are better, but the elites will crack just as easy as any other company. I do shoot a bowtech, but i am also considering an elite for my next bow. People need to know though that the elites really are not any better than bowtechs. Bowtech and elite will be faster than ross and mathews. Mathews and ross will be just slightly smoother in the pull. All four companies make great bows, so shoot the one that fits in your hand the best and you feel the best with.

·
Registered
167 Posts
My Opinion

I shoot a Mathews. However, I am a very strong advocate for "shoot what you like." I have close friends that have bought Bowtec's and Elite's in teh last month. I must admit, the both are blazing fast. I personally shot the Tribute by Bowtec and I literally had to look to make sure it fired. That was the smoothest, shock free bow I have ever shot. I have witnessed an Elite shoot 312, it was an E-500, 395 grain arrow, 62 lbs. That is fast but I have not compared apples to apples. In my opinion, speed is TOO OVERRATED! I killed many, many deer with a PSE 5050CM that was bought in 1990's and shot 256 but was whisper quite. it all comes down to personal preferance in my opinion. Sure, it is nice to say "my bow is faster" but to me, I have killed far too many deer shooting 256 and that is snail quality by today's standard. Just my opinion, don't shoot me!!!!!:tongue:

·
Hunt By Faith Not By Site
5,420 Posts
The bottom line is shoot all the bows and decide for yourself. Elite and Bowtech are about the same for speed but are different bows. Just because it may look similiar don't make it the same and the only way you will know is if you try out both.

·
Registered
2,091 Posts
You get over the $700 bills for a bow you are getting a great bow no matter what company you buy from. Like everyone above has said for the most part, shoot the ones that you feel would like and then also shoot some that you wouldnt.
I am a Mathews shooter by heart, but got talked into trying out a Bowtech Allegiance and now I am a Allegiance owner. My Mathews is still my go to bow because of its smooth draw, but if I need great distance I go with my Allegiance.
You will have plenty of plugs from different guys on here for what bow you should buy because that is what they have bought and that is what they shoot.

Best Advice: Go shoot them all and then shoot them again and buy the one
that you feel shoots the best for your style

Good luck

·
Excited Delerium
1,024 Posts
I've got a 2002 BowTech Patriot, an '05 Allegiance, and an '06 Elite E-500. Of the three, the Patriot with the sandtrap limb pockets is by far the heaviest. The Allegiance and the E-500 are very close in their specs, brace height, ATA. I shoot a 416 grain arrow at 28.5" draw and 70# on the Allegiance and I am getting 284 fps. The Allegiance is very smooth, and shock free. I am shooting a 423 grain arrow at 28.5" draw and 70# on the E-500 and am getting 284 fps. The E-500 is a very light bow, and the grip is thinner than the Allegiance. I have only had the E-500 for about a month, and have probably only shot it 200 times or so. I like both bows, and each has their positives. I like the mass weight of the Allegiance for holding steady on the target, and I like the thin grip of the E-500. The E-500 is very smooth and shock free also.

We are all waiting to see what the 2007 Elite models will do, but regardless, they are a fine quality bow.

·
Registered
2,684 Posts
Something that hasn't been pointed out is the BowTech has a wrap around grip and the Elite has sideplates. At least for me, the Elite indexes better in my hand. What the heck am I talking about? Well I shoot N0-Peeps on all my bows. In order to get a proper sight picture with the No-Peep you must anchor in the same place and grip the bow the same each time. If I hook up my release and close my eyes and draw my Allegiance to my normal anchor point and open my eyes 6 or 7 times out of 10 I won't need to shift my hand on the grip because all lines up properly. With the Elite doing the same thing I line up properly each time. Unless something has changed and I haven't been told, archery is still about consistency. Ultimately we can't make the choice for you. We can only point out small differences.
Dave Nowlin

·
Registered
8,176 Posts
It's all gooood

I have a Switchback, Apex 7, Darton Tempest Extreme and an Elite Energy. The Energy is closest to the Old Glory in specs and as Dave said the thing I liked about the Elite was the grip. It is closer to my Apex 7 so I don't have to have two different grip styles to shoot them well. I'm still learning the Energy, only had it a couple of weeks, its about 10 fps faster than the OG. It's a bit light for me (coming from the heavy Apex 7) but I can take care of that pretty easy. I have the speed mods but have ez mods ordered, would rather have the smoothness than the extra 3fps. Price is smoother on the Elites as well.

·
Retired GI "still serv'n"
13,960 Posts
You gotta get your hands on em yourself......

One thing I have learned from here....a "Bowtech Junkie" will never give props to an Elite and a "Mathews Boy" don't like Ross bows :wink:.......
I gave up Mathews for Ross, that was my decision. I like Bowtechs, I have owned a few sold em and traded some for a Newberry bow.....IF Elite would ever get a lefty near me, I would probibly add it to my collection, I do think they seem like a nice bow, the company has just had alot of troubled waters for its first year.
Try then out for yourself, that way you are buying it for YOU.

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thanks Guys, I plan to try them all. That's the fun of buying anything new!

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Elite '07

Does anyone know what Elite's going to offer in '07?

·
Registered
650 Posts
Something that doesn't look like a bowtech according to the Judge that ruled on the order. I'm not sure if they reached an agreement on the rest of the pending charges.

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
That makes sense. I shot an Elite Eforce and E500 today and at the same archery shop tried Bowtech's Tribute and Allegiance. I also stopped by another shop that handles Elite and both shops were real vague about when they'd be able to get the '07 Elite Bows. Might have something to do with the legal battle that I've heard mentioned several times. I hope they've got it all settled. I'm having a hard enough time waiting, as it is. I'm about ready to pull the trigger on the E500 that I tried today but I'm afraid to just yet not knowing what may be coming soon. Thanks and I welcome any more comments from anyone with opinions or knowledge of these bows.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts