Archery Talk Forum banner

elite archery

2669 25
new to this forum wanted to know if anyone has any feed back on elite archery right now im shooting a mathews dxt that all i can get out of it is 65lb but thats another story looking at the z28 70 - 80 lb any info would be helpful thanks
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

· Registered
256 Posts
The new Z28 is awesome. I just got mine in on Sunday and have been shooting in my basement. Very smooth draw cycle, rock solid back wall, with no creep at all.

I am shooting a 446 grain arrow, 29" draw and 70lbs and I am shooting 276fps with that set-up. Thats with a loaded string (loop, tied in nock, and meta peep) With an IBO weighted arrow (350gr) I shot 307fps which falls in the 306-316fps advertised IBO for 29" draw. that was with a loaded string as well. Without peep, loop and nock it would probably be closer to the 316fps.

Pulling 70 pounds on this bow feels like 60.

· Registered
4,122 Posts
Elite Bows

I've owned 9 high end bows in the last year. I've finally settled on two of my favorite. My signature says what I think of the Elite bows.:thumbs_up

· Registered
1,897 Posts
Elite

I dont want to jump on the bandwagon but in my 30+ years in Archery I have never shot a bow that I like better. I have an XXL that I hunt with and a XLR for 3D. I also just bought another XXL in target version. Everyone has their own likes and dislikes, that's why they make so many different bows. I would shoot several and buy what YOU like the best. Just my 2 Cents worth.

· HHA products SUCK
14,169 Posts
KEVIN is a great designer.
Kevin has build many great bows with a balance of speed and smoothness.
Kevin has done a lot of good for the company.
Kevin is the only real memeber of Elite Archery that is still said to be staying on with the company. Alot of the good people at Elite (Kristen, Greg, Kobe, and many others) are no longer from what I hear.

The new...owners...moved the company from WA to NY.

The company, no matter what some want to say or think...is different.

I have yet to see a benifit of the new ownership other than them trying to give away some free stuff.

I like the old Elite but the Z28 is still a great bow.

· Registered
2,216 Posts
For what its worth I was not all that impressed with my GTO..... you can PM me if you want for my reasons. I will leave it at that.

· Registered
705 Posts
Great company, despite others opinions and that is what they are. I have shot most of the bows out there, For my personal choice Elite is the only way to go. I now own 7 Elite bows and will probably buy more. I have the following: XXL, Aigil, E-force, Z28, (2)E-500's, and a 09 Cuda for the wife. I also just sold a E-Force. For me there are none that draw as smooth or comfortable, no vibration dead solid and quieter than ANY that I have shot. If you have a chance try as many as you can and then decide for yourself.

· Registered
2,095 Posts
65#

if yuo dxt will only get 65 lbs then maybe you should check your cam timing and set the bow to specs.... take it to your dealer and tell him to put the bow back into spec then it will get 70 lbs if not more
I was only getting 67# out of my 70# limbs until I took my stretched out strings and cables off and replaced them with fresh ones. My old ones were the original ones and were 6 yrs. old. Needless to say my poundage went up to 72#

· Registered
22 Posts
I am new to this sight and joined to get input I have narrowed down my choice of bows to Alphamax or Elite GT 500 any suggestions Bow will be 75% hunting and 25% pleasure shooting thanks

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.