Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
srivas3
455 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently purchased my first Elite bows (impulse 34 and Tempo) and I was wondering if the let off was adjustable. Ive shot both bows and Im actually shooting quite well but the low let off seems to tire me quicker than other bows I shoot and it has claimed 3 arrows in the process.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
5,931 Posts
You can adjust the let off with the limb stops slide them away from the bow for more .
Otherwise you can get more let off by playing with the strings and cables a lil bit to get it to feel like you want it

·
srivas3
455 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I saw that both bow are 65-80% let off bow and I assumed they were adjustable but my limb stops are maxed at 29”.

·
Shootin and Cussin
24,139 Posts
I saw that both bow are 65-80% let off bow and I assumed they were adjustable but my limb stops are maxed at 29”.

Your limb stops do not determine the draw length. They will lengthen or shorten it just a bit you won't be able to tell the difference.

·
srivas3
455 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Your limb stops do not determine the draw length. They will lengthen or shorten it just a bit you won't be able to tell the difference.
These are draw length specific modules so you can go 1/4” either way I believe but not more than that.

·
Beer Whisperer
11,231 Posts
If the limbs are backed off max poundage you will lose some let-off. Especially on the Impulse. That said, even with the limbs bottomed out and the bow well tuned, neither of those bows will have a “normal Elite” valley. It’s just the nature of those particular cam systems.

·
srivas3
455 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
If the limbs are backed off max poundage you will lose some let-off. Especially on the Impulse. That said, even with the limbs bottomed out and the bow well tuned, neither of those bows will have a “normal Elite” valley. It’s just the nature of those particular cam systems.
Well that sucks! I decided to give Elite a try with the only bows that DO NOT have the “Normal Elite” valley.

·
Registered
1,047 Posts
I bought an e35 which is supposed to have that valley you talk about but even playing with the cables and string did not get it for me
so I ended up swapping the draw stop pegs for smaller diameter ones which made quite a difference and the bow doesn't tire me anymore like you mention.
One thing to beware is not to have cams over rotate to lock up.

·
Registered
10,594 Posts
I have two Synergys and an Impulse 34 and they both have very generous valleys. I disagree that the I34 doesn't have a typical Elite valley. You should be able to tune it in by twisting cables/string. Check to see if all the measurements are to spec. You should be able to increase your valley by twisting cables. Add a twist to string for every 3 cable twists.

·
Beer Whisperer
11,231 Posts
I still don’t think you’ll have the same valley on an I34 as you will with almost any other Elite. They were a semi attempt at a “speed bow” by Elite and notorious for having a little stiffer draw and a shorter valley. They will definitely lose let off if they’re cranked down a couple turns.

You may be able to do some tweaking and get it better than what it is though. You’ll at least need to crank it down and get everything in spec. It may be that the DW is a little off and as mallard breath said, twisting the cables a few twists will help. If it’s a 60# bow it should max at 62-63 lbs.

·
srivas3
455 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I bought an e35 which is supposed to have that valley you talk about but even playing with the cables and string did not get it for me
so I ended up swapping the draw stop pegs for smaller diameter ones which made quite a difference and the bow doesn't tire me anymore like you mention.
One thing to beware is not to have cams over rotate to lock up.
What draw stops did you swap for?

·
srivas3
455 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I have two Synergys and an Impulse 34 and they both have very generous valleys. I disagree that the I34 doesn't have a typical Elite valley. You should be able to tune it in by twisting cables/string. Check to see if all the measurements are to spec. You should be able to increase your valley by twisting cables. Add a twist to string for every 3 cable twists.
May have to try this since I moved the limbs stops as far as I could and really didn’t get any improvement. Thanks for the info.

·
Registered
213 Posts
Every Elite I've shot has the nice valley and almost a lock in feeling at full draw. I have never shot the Impulse series though. They may be different since they are speed bows.

·
Registered
1,146 Posts
I respectfully also have to disagree on the Impulse valley. I had an Impulse 31 as well as many other Elites. The valley is the same or actually feels like more (it’s not actually though) because that cam systems draw cycle has a hump right before entering the valley, which is were the speed comes from. Adjusting those stops out should make for roughly 6-9 lbs or so of holding weight which is a lot of letoff

·
Registered
368 Posts
I respectfully also have to disagree on the Impulse valley. I had an Impulse 31 as well as many other Elites. The valley is the same or actually feels like more (it’s not actually though) because that cam systems draw cycle has a hump right before entering the valley, which is were the speed comes from. Adjusting those stops out should make for roughly 6-9 lbs or so of holding weight which is a lot of letoff
I agree, I had an impulse 31, and once you got through the hump in the cam it had that big elite valley. They really feel like you have to push them to let down.

·
Beer Whisperer
11,231 Posts
Well, I guess my impression was wrong. I haven’t owned an Impulse but shot a couple 34’s when they came out. I just didn’t think it was comparable to all my other Elites and It was probably the only new bow from them I didn’t care for at all.

I will however, defer to you guys who’ve owned them. If you say the valley is there then I’ll retract my statement above.

·
srivas3
455 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
That is where my dilema comes in. On the Impulse 34 and Tempo as soon as I get over the hump it comes to a dead stop. Very shallow valley if any.

It is set at factory settings so I may need to tweak the strings and cables in order to achieve the mysterious “normal Elite” valley.

·
Registered
1,146 Posts
That is where my dilema comes in. On the Impulse 34 and Tempo as soon as I get over the hump it comes to a dead stop. Very shallow valley if any.

It is set at factory settings so I may need to tweak the strings and cables in order to achieve the mysterious “normal Elite” valley.

Are your stops definitely adjusted all the way out? Like away from each other? Your timing would have to be really bad to lose that much. When they’re adjusted all the way in you would be holding like 15-17lbs with not much valley at all

·
srivas3
455 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Unless I’m missing something, both limb stops are at their peak on the cams.

·
Registered
837 Posts
What’s your draw length? I have an Impulse 34 and I had to slide my stops opposite. At full draw the damn thing acts like it want fire. At 65# at full draw I thought I was gonna have to push string forward , and I don’t like that much letoff. The impulse 34 is 75-90% letoff . Do you have the limb bolts backed out ? Have you put it on a draw board? Have you actually measured the holding weight? You should have more valley than that. I have 7 Elite bows up to the Ritual 35 and at full draw all feel the same. Victory x, v37, 39, e35, i34, Echolon 37. Hope you get it figured out, it’s a shooter for sure. I have heard guys say on the longer draw lengths that draw cycles were harsh, but I’m a 27.5” dL, so I don’t know.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts