Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
419 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
who shoots one of the new elite bows, if you do which one and how do you like it. how about customer service if youve had to deal with them yet. im going to get a new bow and i figured they look good enough to be an option.

·
Registered
4,466 Posts
I shoot the E-500 and I LOVE it. The only problem is they are very hard to get right now. Of all the people who own Elites on here 95+% are very happy with thier Elites. If you ask a Bowtech shooter what they think (And I know you didnt ask that but a couple of them troll every Elite thread) then you will get a different story. If you can shoot one and then your mind will be made up for you.:wink:

·
Registered
2,684 Posts
It's amazing the number of BowTech owners who have also bought an Elite. Many of them aren't going to come here and tell you about it as they have read what goes on here enough to realize that some here will insult them for the choice they made. So for right now their are far more AT members who have an Elite then many realize.
Dave Nowlin

·
Registered
8,821 Posts
Elite E-Force shooter here and bowtech 05 Allegiance. Do not shoot an Elite, you will be sorry.

·
Relocated Cajun
10,974 Posts
I got an Energy

Very glad I do....not real worried about warranty or customer service..

I have owned so many used bows I don't worry about warranty anymore...

The times I have called I've gotten all the informatin I need.

·
Registered
1,779 Posts
I have the E-500 and Energy, I have my eye on the E-Force as well. My wife should have her Ice soon. Also, the new bows are going to be out soon and therefore I probably would want some of those as well. I love my Elites. The first day I got mine I was not happy with the finish on mine and complained about it. Elite promised to sort me out. I am a happy and proud Elite owner. You should never say never but if I had the choice I will not buy another brand again.

·
Hunt By Faith Not By Site
5,233 Posts
I own both E-Force and E-500 and love them both. These are the best Bows I've shot to date for me. I love the grip and that really separated this bow from many others and I'm not bashing any other bows by saying this. There are many fine Bows out there that are worth trying too but I found what works for me with Elite.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Love my elite

I bought another brand bow in the spring. Once I shot the Elite I sold the "other" bow and bought and Elite. Have nothing but good things to say about my Elite. And it was not as expensive as the "other" bow.

·
Registered
8,157 Posts
Mathews guy here.

But I did buy an Energy last week. I had an Old Glory last year but sold it cause I couldn't get used to the grip. Well shot the Energy in to me the grip is very similar to my Apex 7, I had a torque issue with the Old Glory but not with this bow. Mine came with speed mods and I have ordered ez mods so I will see how good their service is. I will say the dealer had two hanging on the wall, the first one he gave me had a couple of lumps in the camo and one cam had a good burr on it. I looked at the other one and it was fine. So check em over before you pay. But all in all a very high quality bow, it's definetely up there with the big 3, very quiet and smokin fast. 61 lb, 29", 343 grain gold tip--301fps :eek:

·
Registered
14,403 Posts
I have been very happy with my Energy. What a fun bow to shoot. I've got the EZ mods and will be getting the speed mods also. Here is what it is doing at 40 yards. Shooting a 350 grain arrow, 63lbs, 27.5" draw, at 280fps with the EZ mods.

Attachments

L

·
0 Posts
E-500 here. I couldnt be happier, this bow is as smooth, quiet and shock free as any ive tried. I cant wait for a 07.

·
Registered
664 Posts
I bought the E-500 and really like the speed and very smooth feel on the draw and on the shot--my only problem is finding a drop-away rest that will drop fast enough.:wink:

·
Registered
202 Posts
It seems most of the time that Elite bows are brought up someone puts in their 2 cents on the BowTech as if it is outdated.:fencing:

I got a Bowtech last year for target shooting. I only shoot a 28" draw and got good 3-D speeds with it. It pulls as smooth as silk and satisfies all my needs for hunting, 3-D and dot shooting. Its hard to find one bow to cover all that.

I might like the Elite too if it had a longer A to A for dots. It looks like a well built bow. And should do great for hunting and 3-D shooting. I wish them well.

This is my 40th year of shooting. I have shot as well as the best at times and as poor as it can get at times. In the past I have shot for Olympus, Wing, Bear and Martin archery. I have worked for a few archery companys and a rep job. I even have some archery products on the market. Enough on that.

No one builds the best bow and never will. Thats why we have many to pick from. I love my wife, but you may not, the same thing goes with bows.

All the best selling bows come from three main things, the money spent in advertising, buying top shooters and hunters. With this you get high dollar bows. A $300 bow may feel better than a $700 bow to you.

In buying a new bow research the facts your looking for. Like speed, A to A, brace heightand materials used. Then call each bow company your thinking about and ask them how long it would take to get a new set of limbs for that bow and the cost. This should help you find the best customer service.

Then go to Pro shops and shoot each bow your thinking about. If you cant shoot it don't buy it.

With 40 years in this game and still learning I feel I have my 3 cents in.

This post is not ment to be in favar of any bow. Just the best bow for you.

·
Registered
1,414 Posts
Mag-Tek said:
It seems most of the time that Elite bows are brought up someone puts in their 2 cents on the BowTech as if it is outdated.:fencing:

I got a Bowtech last year for target shooting. I only shoot a 28" draw and got good 3-D speeds with it. It pulls as smooth as silk and satisfies all my needs for hunting, 3-D and dot shooting. Its hard to find one bow to cover all that.

I might like the Elite too if it had a longer A to A for dots. It looks like a well built bow. And should do great for hunting and 3-D shooting. I wish them well.

This is my 40th year of shooting. I have shot as well as the best at times and as poor as it can get at times. In the past I have shot for Olympus, Wing, Bear and Martin archery. I have worked for a few archery companys and a rep job. I even have some archery products on the market. Enough on that.

No one builds the best bow and never will. Thats why we have many to pick from. I love my wife, but you may not, the same thing goes with bows.

All the best selling bows come from three main things, the money spent in advertising, buying top shooters and hunters. With this you get high dollar bows. A $300 bow may feel better than a $700 bow to you.

In buying a new bow research the facts your looking for. Like speed, A to A, brace heightand materials used. Then call each bow company your thinking about and ask them how long it would take to get a new set of limbs for that bow and the cost. This should help you find the best customer service.

Then go to Pro shops and shoot each bow your thinking about. If you cant shoot it don't buy it.

Well said Ken.........

·
Registered
1,059 Posts
E 500 here. I love it.

·
Registered
14,403 Posts
Mag-Tek said:

I agree with everything you said, but where did this come from in a thread asking about experience shooting Elites? You forgot to mention which Elite you are shooting BTW. :wink:

·
Registered
503 Posts
E-500 for me.

Here is my little surprise for some unsuspecting deer. Awesome shooting rig. My experience has been great. Had a small issue and they sent me this bow.

Attachments

1 - 20 of 38 Posts