Archery Talk Forum banner

Elite Called

4904 Views 123 Replies 99 Participants Last post by  RNT
I would like some opinions from the masses. I own a shop and I got a call yesterday from Elite Archery. They must of got my number of the Bowtech website but that makes no difference, the reason for the call was that they are looking for dealers and wanted to know if I wanted to become a dealer for them. What is your alls opinion of Elite and would you buy one?
1 - 20 of 124 Posts

· Registered
8,490 Posts
I have one (XLR) and it is the best bow that I have ever shot/owned. They have a very loyal, cult like following.

· I'm nicer than I appear
8,191 Posts
phone solicitations ?

Did they try to sell you some Encyclopedians too ? Don't buy the time-share, it's a trick. :set1_rolf2:

All joking aside, do you carry Quest ? Did they also offer the Quest line ?

just asking....don't flame me Elite people !!!

· Registered
5,984 Posts
I would consider it. But you have to be willing to push the line. Don't expect people to beat your door down to get them. Those who have shot them will tell you they are a great bow. The only people who I ever hear talk bad about them have never even seen one, much less shot one.

· Registered
2,452 Posts
If I were you, I'd jump on it before your competetors do....

Definately a sweet bow...at my local shop they ran all their bows againt each other...all things equal, the Z28 was the fastest...they carry BT and Mthews

· Registered
2,102 Posts
Question is, are they going to want you to sell them along side the Bowtech, or later have you decide between the two? This isn't a bash, just an honest question, an Elite will probably be my next bow.

· John
2,740 Posts
I ordered a Z28...it's supposed to be here tomorrow....I was thinking about buying a Diamond, then I shot the Z28. I was on the fence before I shot the Z because of the price difference (Z is more expensive), but after shooting, I didn't hesitate to order one. Awesome bow! If you want to keep your Bowtech sales up, I wouldn't order Elite, though....you'll sell more Elites. :) (just my opinion).

· Registered
1,897 Posts
Elite is a true up and comer that makes a great bow.:thumbs_up I sure wish there were a dealer in my town. The closest one we have is 1 1/2 hrs away.

· Registered
2,611 Posts
I have never shot one, but from what I hear and can see, they make a great product.

I bet they would send you one to demo for yourself to help seal the deal, and if they do, I bet you end up owning one.

· Registered
2,586 Posts
I currently have three Elites. I realy like them. I think they make a great quality bow and seem to have come a long way in a short amount of time. I will say though, that depending upon your area they may sell well or not. Where I live, Matthews is a big seller as well as Hoyt. My shop said that their Bowtech sales has slowed down for them.

Like I said it may depend on your area. There are no Martins being sold in my area, but I am sure are big in other areas. I would say that if you are looking for sales that it may depend upon the archery community in your area being up to date on equipment and news.

· Registered
6,628 Posts
My honsest opinion. Elite makes a great bow....... PERIOD! The GT500 IMO is probably the best all around bow on the market. However, if I were a dealer I would not jump on them right now. Since the merger a couple of months ago the price of the bows in general and the price of the bows to dealers has gone up and from what I have been told by a couple of people that sell them and were looking to sell them the price to the dealer is pretty steep. On top of that, outside of the net people just don't know who they are so it's not like they are going to sell themselves. A customer could shoot a Z28 and think it's the best bow in the world but he'll probably wind up buying a Hoyt, Mathews or Bowtech simply because he sees them on TV or knows all about them from mags. Honestly, if you were brand new to the sport and saw $749 for a Hoyt or $749 for an Elite (who you had never heard of) which one would you choose? If you say Elite you're a liar.

I think the smart move would be to give them a couple of years and see where they go. Let them start the big advertising campaign like they want and get their name out there before you go jumping on them. If they get through the merger and all his other stuff unscathed then I'd jump on them because they will be a household name in a couple of years.

· Registered
714 Posts
They are good bows.

I made the switch from Bowtech because I do not care for the center pivot bows and did not like the draw on the Airbornes. I held on to my allegiance as long as I could, but sold it to buy another Elite. Not saying that I would never shoot another brand bow, but I really like my 3 Elites.

1 - 20 of 124 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.