Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:frusty: I am thinking of putting a Ripcord on my new E-500 and my arrows have the 2 inch blazers. Will I have a clearance problem with this set up? Does anyone know if the Ripcord arrow rest works on the E-500 before I buy one? My second choice rest would be a Cavalier Avalanche. Let me know if you experience with this set up. Thanks, Tim :frusty:

·
Registered
59 Posts
I removed my trap door rest and put on a RipCord rest on my Elite E-500. After about 25 shots the Ripcord rest did not drop and the launcher flew off the rest. I have been waiting 4 days now for the repalcment launchers to be sent from RipCord.
You might want to consider the Qad rest. Do a search on my thread I placed a few days ago about my RipCord blowing up, a few people have had the same issue. One guy had two different RipCrod rests and they BOTH blew up. I wish I asked your question before I bought this rest.

·
Registered
1,414 Posts
bullelkman,
I can't answer your question about the rip cord. That being said I currently use a TR dropzone on my e-500's and they have performed flawlessly. Binary cam bows have issues with any rest that attaches to the down cable and you have be very careful how you install them. If you would like more info send me a PM.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Ripcord

I've set up a lot of Ripcords up on bows and I've only had 2 not drop, and both were my fault. The first one that didn't fall the guy was in a hurry and I didn't have enough pull on the cable before he made his first shot. The second one I allowed the cord to get frayed and stretch and got to a point were it wasn't pulling the cord enough. Other than those 2 they've been flawless. I've put Ripcords on 2 E500's, 1 E-Force, and 1 Energy using Blazers and they work great. BTW, I now make my own aluminum prongs for the Ripcord just as a CYA. :)

Attachments

·
Registered
186 Posts
I found that when I use a fall away with a cord I get inconsistent speeds, 321fps, 314fps and so on. I tried a couple of different rest and finally just put on a BD I had laying around.

·
Registered
875 Posts
I have Ripcords and they both had the same problem. The cord, which goes through the brass locking piece, inside the rest, frayed badly, causing the lock NOT to unlock. The arrow ripped off the pronge, since it didn't drop, due to the lock up. I took the rest apart and beveled both sides of the hole the cord goes through and hopefully this will fix the problem. The rest worked fine until this issue and I have another rest on way to replace the one on my #1 hunting bow.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Tuneit,
The moleskin on your prongs, is that custom or did you buy something specific for the rest. That looks like it was made for those prongs...

·
Registered
9,795 Posts
If you want a 3rd option, you could always try a Vapor Trail Limb Driver. They are specifically designed for Bowtechs and Elites. No hooking or tying into the down cables.... 5 minute setup and tuning. Built like a TANK!:thumb:

Here is mine on my Tribute.

-ZA

bullelkman said:
:frusty: I am thinking of putting a Ripcord on my new E-500 and my arrows have the 2 inch blazers. Will I have a clearance problem with this set up? Does anyone know if the Ripcord arrow rest works on the E-500 before I buy one? My second choice rest would be a Cavalier Avalanche. Let me know if you experience with this set up. Thanks, Tim :frusty:

Attachments

·
Registered
127 Posts
Moleskin

It's actually the stuff that comes with the side loading Wisker biskets. No one ever wants in on there so I just hang on to it for the Ripcord prongs. It last longer than anything I've found.

·
Registered
37,038 Posts
The Ripcord on my Tribute has worked flawlessly so far. I see no wear on the cord nor has it ever failed to drop. Its a great rest. I did attach it to the cable slide and not the cables so maybe thats why I dont get the fraying.

·
Hunt By Faith Not By Site
5,422 Posts
Roland said:
bullelkman,
I can't answer your question about the rip cord. That being said I currently use a TR dropzone on my e-500's and they have performed flawlessly. Binary cam bows have issues with any rest that attaches to the down cable and you have be very careful how you install them. If you would like more info send me a PM.
I have two DropZones on both of my Elite Bows and they work great. I did have to adjust the cable a bit but they shoot awesome now.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Limbdriver?

ijimmy said:
What ZA said LIMBDRIVER is the rest for that bow or any other out there .
They are fantastic .
I'm not real familiar with the Limbdriver but I understand it has a string that runs from the rest to the Limb hence the name. I'm not sure if I want a string hanging off a bow to catch on our sticker bushes in Arizona or even up north in the pines. Do guys actually use this Limbdriver for hunting? :confused:

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Got a Ripcord!

I went ahead and bought the camo Ripcord. Matches the brown e-leaf nicely and works beautifully with the blazer vanes on the arrows. No problems. I shot 313 fps with a 350 grain arrow and 291 with a 412 grain arrow at 27 inch draw length and 71 lbs. Thanks for the comments!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts