Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have any insight on tuning an Elite Echelon with its adjustable cable guard system. Any ground rules on a startup setup or should I just experiment till I get a bullet hole, then bare shaft, group tune, etc.

·
Registered
837 Posts
Everyone is different. I’d just start with everything in center, center shot , cable rod and shoot a bareshaft through paper and go from there. I sold my Echelon. One of the worst forgiving bows and holding on target bows I’ve owed. Bow just didn’t balance well for me. Same weight as another bow I had , but the balance made it feel really a lot heavier. Bow wouldn’t tune well with back rod up high, had to run it in bottom hole. Had to lighten front weight and run a ton on back bar. I would either hit the x or a 10 . Very unforgiving. But after you get it right, it could be best shooter you ever had.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the info, that’s pretty much where I am at right now. Once I get a Hameska on it I will be ready to really start working on it. I have already shimmed the cams and got it shooting absolute bullet holes. That made the biggest impact on tuning.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts