Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
373 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 31.5-32 draw length BARELY keeps me from shooting most bows. I shoot and love my Elite Victory 39. I wish I could make a shorter bow like the Energy 35 work for me. I figure putting the 13" Victory limbs on one would increase the BH enough to get the max draw length right where I need it to be. I've never delved into the ins and outs of mix-matching limbs/cams/etc or working out draw weight and string/cable lengths.
Is this a feasible project? What adjustments would need to be made for DW and string/cable lengths?

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,684 Posts
If Elite are using the same rating system for deflection on both limb lengths then it ought to be a straight swap for a set with similar deflection #. If the limbs are parallel enough not to yield a huge change in preload then I'd be tempted to use the standard harnessing.

You might check out some older limbs - Elite used to use 13" Barnsdales, so they may be possible to find for cheaper than Victory limbs.

·
Registered
1,429 Posts
Yes. This is possible and has been done before I believe. The deflection numbers between the energy series limbs (12.5" long) and the B series limbs (13" long) are definitely not the same scale. In fact, they literally go in opposite directions. Higher numbers are stiffer in the E series and softer in the B series. I've done a few conversions from B to E series limbs in the past, so I can probably get you in the ballpark if you let me know what peak weight you are trying to hit. But in the end, it is usually an iterative process. The key is to reduce the number of iterations.

·
Registered
40 Posts
There is a guy on elite archery enthusiast FB page....he built this exact bow...can't remember his name though. Said it was his favorite bow....I believe he used 80# b series limbs and it made 63#.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts