Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
892 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wondering if you guys with tuned GTO's could measure and report on your centershot. Have mine shooting bullet holes at 7/8" off the riser which is a little left of the center of the shelf. Just curious if this is typical of the GTO.

·
Registered
282 Posts
Shop where I purchased my GTO sells and tunes a ot of Elites. They suggested starting at 0.75. Mine actually tuned about like yours.

·
Registered
1,297 Posts
Mine is exactly like yours @ 7/8" center shot.

·
Registered
892 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
Pretend you are cutting grip in half with string..... line up arrow with string.

I understand what you are saying now. Lining up the string with the bottom cam sting slot, the center of the handle and down the center of the shaft of the arrow will give you about 3/4" off the riser. I'm a bit to the left of that by 1/8". Shooting 60#, GT 55/75's with 100 grain tips + inserts, so I don't think weak spine is an issue. Like I said, shooting bullet holes and I'm not complaining.......just seems a little farther left than I was expecting based on my experience........although, this is my first bianary cam bow, so I'm not sure if/how that might play into it.

·
Registered
892 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Yes that is correct. But.... you almost sound like that is a negative. Hence the "wacko" icon.

With myself..... it is not.

My "eyeballing" has been very very successful.
It wasn't a wacko icon....it was a confused (me) icon. But we are all good now. So what are your measurements off of the riser?

·
Registered
1,333 Posts
What if you shoot the bow through paper with a 3/4" measurement and get a horizontal tear or even with a 7/8" center? If I set it up at 3/4" and paper tune it spot on but then hand it over to you... you may end up with a horizontal paper tear because your grip is affecting the trajectory.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts