Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
469 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just set up my new GTO and absolutely love it. It is a 29.5" draw 60-70lb bow. I do have one issue that I would like some opinions about. Only sometimes (1/3 of the time) when I draw the bow back the bottom cam (or in that area) makes a small click sound just as the draw cycle is rolling into the valley. It does it more often when the poundage is at 70 vs. 60. I will attach pictures of the cams at rest and full draw. I have checked the screws and nothing is loose and I have TT rest with the cord attached to the down cable, but have detached it and the noise continued. I am nowhere near an expert on these cams, so let me know what you think.
Thanks in advance

Attachments

·
Registered
236 Posts
I was at my local shop about a week ago and there was an 82nd with a click during the draw. The shop tore the bow apart and found that Bowtech hadn't greased anything from the factory. I don't know if this would be the case but just lubing things up may take care of it.

·
Registered
2,727 Posts
The other thing I would do is take the mod screws out, wax the threads, then tighten them up. A mod slipping could easily make a clicking sound too. :darkbeer:

·
Registered
6,421 Posts
check out this area on your cables to makes sure your cables aren't rubbing your module... YOucan see where it might when the bow comes to full draw near the Loop on your cable.. here's a picture where some guys are having issues... fix is to have Elite warrenty you new cables and strings, or have someone make them without the rubbing issues...

·
Registered
606 Posts
Take the mods off, wax the back side, then put them back on, and be certain they are very tight. That should eliminate the "click" that you hear. I assume it does it at full draw too, even if you are holding steady.

·
Registered
8,409 Posts
Take the mods off, wax the back side, then put them back on, and be certain they are very tight. That should eliminate the "click" that you hear. I assume it does it at full draw too, even if you are holding steady.
Exactly, what happened to mine and this works perfectly.

·
Registered
469 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I will try that tonight. Thinking about it now it did sound like a metal on metal noise, just like a loose mod would make. The noise only comes just before full draw.

·
Breathn
12,647 Posts
ttt

Yes as Takeum suggested keep a very close eye on your end loop,I know of one letting go after only three days.
What causes this, and how will new strings fix it?Is it out of time when it contacts and freighs it?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts