Archery Talk Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For you guys that have been around and shot Elite's for a while, what are your thoughts on the Answer? I've got the chance to pick one up for a decent price but I've never shot one. I've only shot the Synergy. Is there much of a difference between the Answer and Energy? Should I just wait until I find this good of a deal on an Energy? Ultimately I just want one of every model (haha!!) but my wife thinks otherwise! How do the new model compare? I've heard the new Elite's have gone away from the "shootability" that Elite was always known for. Thank you in advance for any input.

·
Registered
2,991 Posts
Still shooting mine & have no reason to even look for another. As far as a long term review..
Everything has held up well. I'm mainly a hunter & can tend to be rougher then most on my
equipment & use it a lot. Haven't had a single issue in that department. As far as tuning goes,
no problem there either. Had the same string for 3 years now & still practice out to 80 yards
without having to re-tune or adjust anything. Peep sight even still lines up every time. No rotation.
60x builds em tough for sure! Everything is exactly as it was when I set it up. Tune holds excellent,
which says a lot considering how many times its been up & down trees, in & out of trucks &
banged around hiking through think brush.

The reason I'm still loving it so much is because when I bought it I got a 80lb'r. It pulls smoother
& easier then my 70lb switchback xt (known as one of the smoothest drawing bows). On top
of drawing so easily, I can hold it back for as long as I need to without any problems. Even at
80lb's, it feels like I have to push it forward to let down, which is easy to do also. It doesn't ever
feel like it runs on the let down. Just as smooth going down as drawing back.

I think its a great bow. Can't beat how smooth the draw is & how easy it is to hold back. If you
found a good deal I woldn't hesitate to get it, even over a lot of the new bows out. Hope this answers
some of your answers concerns.

·
Registered
22 Posts
When I was looking for my first bow back in may, I tried a mathews, elite and hoyt. Only think I noticed was the vibration was less for me with the elite. I went with that an elite option 6 (2017 model), if I ever get another bow ill do that same thing see what feels the best shooting it. I haven't had it long only a few months personally for me I don't shoot it much as I can hit what I'm aiming at so I don't practice like did and do with my guns.

·
Registered
15,580 Posts
Good bow. So good, you can buy a brand new 2018 only it's called the Enlist now.

·
Shootin and Cussin
24,775 Posts
The answer with smooth mods is an excellent bow. Wish I had kept mine.
Yep. One of Elite's better bows. Just behind the Pure.

·
Registered
255 Posts
I used to buy a bow every year until I bought an answer in 2013. its the only bow ive kept this long! great shooting bow, super smooth, and shoots really well. ill buy a new bow next year just to have something "new", but ill still keep and shoot my answer!

·
Registered
7,117 Posts
This was me until I got stuck on the gt500 in 2008. I've owned a pure pulse answer and impulse....they have all been sold and the gt500 remains....chipped and dirty.

I will prob get another answer this off-season was an awesome bow just neesed the money.
I used to buy a bow every year until I bought an answer in 2013. its the only bow ive kept this long! great shooting bow, super smooth, and shoots really well. ill buy a new bow next year just to have something "new", but ill still keep and shoot my answer!
Sent from my VS501 using Tapatalk

·
8,292 Posts
I had an answer and a pulse and i thought the pulse was better. It held better for me and the speed was nice.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

·
Matt R
2,136 Posts
I bought my first Answer new in 2012, and it has been my hunting bow ever since....until this year! Found a great deal on a like new 2012 Answer, set it up identical to my “old” one and when shooting can’t really tell the difference other then my old one is black and the new one is camo.
I have shot several bows in the last two years looking for one to replace it, and while there are many nice bows out there, I can’t come up with anything I don’t like about the Answer...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

1 - 14 of 14 Posts