Archery Talk Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good afternoon,
I have an Elite Kure set at 65lbs and 26.5 inch draw. I’m looking at shooting a heavier arrow (550-600). Does anyone know the speeds of a Kure at this draw length with a 500+ grain arrow. I’ve tried using the IBO calculators but I’m not sure if I need to use the IBO set at full draw or at the 26.5 inch draw. The full draw is 335 and the 26.5 inch draw IBO is 300. Looking for some help. Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
26 Posts
I was watched the THP video when they radar 4 different bows and with different arrows. I watched it again and after using the calculator here ---> ArcheryCalc – Backcountry Bowhunting I found that the FPS is kinda close but the KE is way off. I mean it is only a calculator but it was fun to compare the two. The big thing that I found was that when I increased the arrow weight it would drop the speed down, which it would be correct in doing but it also drops the KE down which we clearly know now is not true. Here's an example using a Bear Divergent, 338 IBO, 65 lb DW, and 29" DL:

TAWArrow FPSRadar KECalculator KE

I really want to test with a chrono now because I would have thought my arrows would have been coming out of my bow around 240fps but now I'm seriously doubting it.

·
Registered
26 Posts
When you I enter my bows IBO, do I need to put the IBO of the bow at it’s maxed fps or do I put the fps at my draw length?
I found a few tests that people had done with a chrono and the Kure. Using the listed IBO at 30" and the DL/DW the testers used I get pretty close. I also compared it to the test that THP did with RF and rocketman and its pretty close to being correct. Based off this I would say use the 335fps IBO listed for our bow and go from there.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I found a few tests that people had done with a chrono and the Kure. Using the listed IBO at 30" and the DL/DW the testers used I get pretty close. I also compared it to the test that THP did with RF and rocketman and its pretty close to being correct. Based off this I would say use the 335fps IBO listed for our bow and go from there.
Even though my draw length will be at 26?

·
Registered
26 Posts
Based on what I tested yes. I used the bow's listed IBO at 70lb DW and 30" DL and when using that IBO and the testers DL/DW and arrow weight the calculator ----> Arrow Speed Calculator gave what the testers were getting with a chrono and radar within a few FPS and KE.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
These are from two different sites. I did one with the IBO at 335 and the other at 295. The 335 is the IBO at 30in and 295 is at 26in.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Use the manufactures ibo rating always. When u put in ur DL it calculates what ur speed is at the settings you r entering. If you put ur already adjusted speed in the calculator then put in your DL it will take off speed from what you already did. ex: ibo 335 DL 26 you minus 40fps and get 295. But is you use 295 as ibo then it will take an additional 40fps off that. See what I’m sayin?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Use the manufactures ibo rating always. When u put in ur DL it calculates what ur speed is at the settings you r entering. If you put ur already adjusted speed in the calculator then put in your DL it will take off speed from what you already did. ex: ibo 335 DL 26 you minus 40fps and get 295. But is you use 295 as ibo then it will take an additional 40fps off that. See what I’m sayin?
yes so if my IBO is 335 and my draw is 26in. I put in the calculator IBO of 335 and draw of 26in. That will adjust the fps for me and I don’t want to do it correct?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts