Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3,391 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So what’s the word on the option 6 and 7?? I know when they first came out they took a beating and didn’t have very many fans. The price tag made me stop watching them. There starting to pop up used in my price range now but how are people liking them? I’ve shot elite, prime and obsession the last 5 years or so, so I like that deep valley, and solid back wall feel.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,004 Posts
The options do not have the same deep valley as previous models. I guess they put out a bandaid for it by installing smaller limbs pads. I have also heard that if you back the draw weight down you will lose most it not all the valley. I stayed away from them for several reasons, didn’t like the draw cycle, didn’t like the looks and did not like the lack of valley.

·
Registered
1,759 Posts
The options are nice, but get a 60 pounder and shoot it maxed out, the guys who got the 70 pounders and backing them down 2 or 3 turns are not enjoying them, one turn on the limbs , you lose 11% let off. 60 lb option is a awesome bow trust me

·
Treestand Assassin
3,102 Posts
I like my Option 6. It's true it doesn't have the valley that previous Elite's have had, but it's more than manageable.
I can still relax without it taking off. I have 70lb limbs backed out one turn. Give me about 77% letoff.
Draw is super smooth and there's NO hump at the end. Probably the most quiet Elite I have owned.
Tuned BS's super fast and I'm getting 346IBO.
Now I have to sell my I31. I didn't think that would ever happen.

·
Registered
232 Posts
I love my option 6. I've been shooting leagues with it and doing pretty well. I think the valley is generous, it's never tried to pull me in. It's also quiet and fast. It's got lots of quality details like stabilizer bushings for rear stab, nice limb pockets, etc. The finish on all parts had been durable and looks fantastic. It's 7000 series aluminum and the duel riser cages look great. People weren't willing to pay for this level of quality so elite has given people what they want, a cheapened version in the Ritual. I'm sure it's still fantastic but they saved money in at least one place by going back to 6000 series aluminum.

·
Registered
10,537 Posts
The Option 6 bows were maligned because of price and that is where complaints should stop. Great bows with plenty of valley just not a push the string forward valley. Very smooth with a small hump in the cycle. They will shoot over ibo and shot the exact same speed as my Insanity and D350 thru same chrono and same arrow. The finish is amazing and they are quiet as well. Awesome bows at the prices they are showing up at now.

·
Up a Tree.......
3,145 Posts
I have recently got an Option 6 and so far I am loving it. It has plenty of valley and it is a tack driver. Mine is a 70# and I have a shorter draw of 27.5 and I don't experience any of what the complaints were. Smooth, fast and accurate.

·
Registered
716 Posts
I have an option 7 and it's an awesome bow. More quiet than any bow I have shot and pretty fast. Faster than my impulse 34 even when backed down to 62 lbs with 70 lb limbs to match the I34 max lbs. Holds well, draw is nice but not as nice as my V37 but better than I34. Only thing is string angle with long draw length

·
Registered
3,391 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Good to hear thanks guys I remember when they came out last year my mouth was watering from looking at them. Then I seen the price tag then I read the negative reviews. Good to hear there good bows and the used price on them is doable

·
Registered
39 Posts
I'm surprised the options got such bad press, the price is high but after spending some time behind the bow I think it's a great bow one of elites best

·
Registered
109 Posts
The options are just a different riser and grip, Its somewhat similar too older elite models but something about the valley is different. I own an elite tempo, Lovvvve the valley and back wall but the new roller guards which you do get with the option make it smooth to draw

1 - 11 of 11 Posts