1 - 20 of 37 Posts

· Registered
5,907 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What one would you buy, and why?

Thanks!!

· Registered
5,161 Posts
To me, the Pulse is a refined EVO. I know the EVO gets a lot of love and has a nice following on AT but the Pulse is a better bow in my opinion. The draw is similar, but the Pulse has more valley and a more solid backwall. Both are fast and have a little vibe after the shot. The EVO is a little heavy. The grips on both bows are hit or miss, you either like them or you don't. I had a hard time adjusting to the grip on my 2010 GT500.

Elite has the best fit+finish in the business, significantly better than my Element's finish. For these reasons, I would go for the Elite.

· shhhh.. slow down
9,436 Posts
I have a feeling you might already know the answer to this question. :darkbeer:

My opinion is that they are obviously great bows. As said above, the Evo has a large following here on AT and is arguably one of PSE's best bows. I would give the Pulse the edge here. The valley and back wall coupled with the smooth draw make this speed bow very very shootable. Not that the PSE isnt shootable but the Pulse wins by a nose.

· Banned
459 Posts
I would pick the PSE EVO. Cause im just a pse kind of guy. Its a sweet shooting and looking bow.

· Registered
5,907 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Which would you pick? Evo or Pulse and why?

· Registered
550 Posts
Do you guys actually consider the Pulse a speed bow? These are 2 different animals,a binary,versus a double ,or single cam with a tunable yoke.I've shot and owned both and wonder what are you binary solid limb guys doing for tuning with cam lean.I bet not much.Easy decision

· Registered
298 Posts
i was contemplating which one of these bows to buy aswell this year. i shot the pulse two different times. the first time..i fell in love with it. the only thing that i didn't like was the fact that i couldn't keep my hand positioned the same each and every time. the valley is incredible on that bow. the wall is hard. the pulse is really smooth as smooth gets. the draw is stiff at first..but then you can't tell what kind of poundage you are really pulling. the only downside of this bow is the letoff. most guys like that feeling..i kinda did too. but with the letoff being 90%..you will loose alot of efficiency in the bow. it did have a slight vibe after the shot in the hand, but a stokerized stabilizer made by elite in the 11inch edition took away all of that. i like the way the elite stokerized stab leveled the bow out too. the pse evo- i grabbed it and asked how much does this weigh...because it doesn't really feel like the 4.4 lbs that it is listed to be. i like how it felt in the hand..wasn't too top heavy. i started to pull it back...stiff at first and then it came back as smooth as the pulse. it does drop into the valley...but nothing compared to the old pse dream seasons. the bow does want to creep...the draw force curve is to complement that. as long as your constantly pulling back..nothing to worry about. after the shot..the evo had less vibe than the pulse. i didn't feel the need to search for a stabilizer around the shop to put one on. the evo really is dead in the hand after the shot. it just sits there. both are really great 6 inch brace height bows. i liked the feel of the pulse for target and 3d 34ata..but i prefer the evo being a 32ata for hunting. both are great bows to shoot. i myself just bought a evo cheaper than what the pulses are going for. if i would have found a pulse for the price of my evo..would have bought it. as they say..money talks. but if i was going to spend some real money..i would buy a mathews z7 magnum. the draw on the magnum is phenominal..obviously..due to a single cam. but when i was pulling 65 pounds..felt like it was 58-60. the valley is great. the wall is rock sold. there wasn't any kind of vibe on the shot...due to all of the vibration dampning on the bow. but..i myself cannot get used to the wood grip on the mathews. i know they did slim the grip down quite a bit..but i still feel like i could torque the bow like no other. i know, i know..just get a focus grip..but i didn't want to get one and try it out. i did shoot a z7 extreme and that was the worst bow ive ever shot...it was smooth...but the torque was crazy being the short ata of the bow. i have shot an original z7..had good feelings about that one. the z7x...not so much. but, hey..thats me. for hunting...z7magnum or pse evo.

· Registered
550 Posts
Honest review of the night goes to doecollector! Very well spoken.Damn now i gotta shoot a Mz7x...........wonderful! Honey i'll be late 2 morrow.

· Registered
1,788 Posts
Do you guys actually consider the Pulse a speed bow? These are 2 different animals,a binary,versus a double ,or single cam with a tunable yoke.I've shot and owned both and wonder what are you binary solid limb guys doing for tuning with cam lean.I bet not much.Easy decision
The Pulse hits 340+ IBO, so that's in the "speed bow" realm. Do you not consider the EVO a speed bow? It's advertised at 340+ as well. ??
Tuning Elite's binary cam is a cinch. Using a draw-board and using the timing dots, boom. Done deal. I spend most of my time hitting Xs...well, as best as I can.

I've owned PSE (not the EVO) and I've shot the Axe (which has the cam system as the EVO) and I like the Pulse. I like the longer ATA of the Pulse and I really like the whole EFX cam draw cycle that the Pulse offers. Plus, Elite's customer service is beyond reproach. That being said, the EVO sounds like a great bow, so either way, you'll be getting a good product. If you can, shoot both bows, then go with what you like best!

· Registered
37,229 Posts
I had an EVO on order for awhile but they slipped up and kept me waiting. Now our shop carries Elite so the EVO was cancelled and the Pulse was ordered. I like the draw and wall on the Pulse way better than the EVO. To say the EVO is easier to tune than the Pulse is a false statement IMO. You cant go wrong with either si get the one that feels better to you. The EVO does have better strings on it from the factory but that will be easily fixed with a set of Vaportrials.....

1 - 20 of 37 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.