Archery Talk Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
5,907 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a Pulse that is currently set at 56 lbs draw weight and 29" draw length, shooting a 270 grain arrow (I know I am 10 grains under 5 GPI), with 25 grains on the string for loop and peep with verifier, and am getting only 314 FPS thru my chronograph. Utopiaprogramming says I should be at 323 FPS, and am wondering how do you tweek the string and/or cables to get my speed closer to IBO? Do I simply untwist the cables and string for a longer powerstroke?Thanks all!

· Registered
3,466 Posts
I have a Pulse that is currently set at 56 lbs draw weight and 29" draw length, shooting a 270 grain arrow (I know I am 10 grains under 5 GPI), with 25 grains on the string for loop and peep with verifier, and am getting only 314 FPS thru my chronograph. Utopiaprogramming says I should be at 323 FPS, and am wondering how do you tweek the string and/or cables to get my speed closer to IBO? Do I simply untwist the cables and string for a longer powerstroke?Thanks all!
Longer power stroke you would need to add to the cables and subtract from the string.
Your not going to get much more with all the weight on the string my guess. with the light draw weight the greater effect the weight on the string has. JMO but I dont think the difference in a few fps is worth the risk of damage to the bow.

· Registered
5,907 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Longer power stroke you would need to add to the cables and subtract from the string.
Your not going to get much more with all the weight on the string my guess. with the light draw weight the greater effect the weight on the string has. JMO but I dont think the difference in a few fps is worth the risk of damage to the bow.
What would ******ing or advancing the cam do?

· Treestand Assassin
3,113 Posts
The way to properly tune a Pulse is on a draw board. You'll need to check the specs. DW, DL( actual measured), letoff, and most critically is where the peak weight hits in the draw cycle. Ideally it should be before 6.5" into the draw.A lot depends on your limbs also. Some are "hotter" than others of the same deflection.
Also meke sure the ATA and BH are within spec. and not too far off. A longer ATA means the limbs aren't properly loaded.
My Pulse is 28/70/350 @ 320 with a loaded string. It took a little tweaking to get it there.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.