Archery Talk Forum banner

Elite pulse

2K views 32 replies 22 participants last post by  Hammer 1 
#1 ·
I cant make up my mind pure or pulse? I want the pulse but the brace hight.
I hacve a 6.5" brace higjht right now and i shoot it very well. so pulse guys help me out.

#11 ·
I will tell you what. I had a Z7 at a 7 inch BH before I switched to the Pulse. I have barely been able to shoot my brand new Pulse but am already MORE accurate with the Pulse than I EVER was with the Z7. I went down an inch in BH and you are only going down 1/2 inch so you have less to worry about than I did. More accurate at 20 fps faster? It was an easy choice for me.

#15 ·
I've shot them both and I would not hesitate to drop some coin on a pure. I have a 30 in draw length. So the pure fit me better. I owned an elite judge, elites speed bow of 2010. I shot it very very well one of the most accurate bows I'd ever shot. But, in the end I wanted the forgiveness when I was up in a tree at awkard angles. And, I've always questioned if a six inch brace height is this accurate for me, what could I do with a seven inch brace height? I found out that I did shoot a little better with a seven. If you have a shorter draw and want speed go for the pulse. If not then the pure is a shooter. I found out there are plenty of long draw guys that can flat out shoot with a six inch brace. But, for me I was more comfortable with a seven. Good luck with your choice you can't go wrong.

#16 ·
I've shot them both and I would not hesitate to drop some coin on a pure. I have a 30 in draw length. So the pure fit me better. I owned an elite judge, elites speed bow of 2010. I shot it very very well one of the most accurate bows I'd ever shot. But, in the end I wanted the forgiveness when I was up in a tree at awkard angles. And, I've always questioned if a six inch brace height is this accurate for me, what could I do with a seven inch brace height? I found out that I did shoot a little better with a seven. If you have a shorter draw and want speed go for the pulse. If not then the pure is a shooter. I found out there are plenty of long draw guys that can flat out shoot with a six inch brace. But, for me I was more comfortable with a seven. Good luck with your choice you can't go wrong.

So what would be a "shorter draw". Im a 28, do you think this would be short enough to shoot a 6" BH?

#17 ·
Its really up to the shooter. Even if you have a longer draw I would encourage you to try 6 bh bows. I just found out it wasn't for me. I really am not a huge speed guy so I can get enough speed with a 7 bh. According to your previous post your happy with the results of your switch. That's great! At my shop anyways I see a lot of guys with shorter draw lengths goin for the 6in bh bows so they can get more speed. But, like I said before there is a lot of long draw guys that can do it to. Its all about what your comfortable with.

#21 ·
Anyone who has problem shooting a 6" BH bow should really work on their form. The Pulse is pretty much the total package,, unless the 6" BH is your concern. She is fast, smooth, huge valley, solid wall and at 34". ATA - a do it all bow.
I totally agree. It will keep you honest with your form. If your not doing something right you will get a little smack on the wrist. It will train ya pretty quick.

#20 ·
:thumbs_up:thumbs_up I LOOOOOOOVE MY Pulse!!! I know you will be extremely happy with either

By the way..My DL is also 28 inches and have no problem with the BH on the Pulse...

#22 ·
I've shot both bows quite a bit and i prefer to use my Pulse for 3D, most likely will hunt with it also. It's as quiet and dead on the shot as the hunter, but the added speed is a bonus, any new Elite will drive tacks though!

#26 ·
I had the same problem...pulse...pure...pulse...pure... I just ordered a pure I ended up looking more at the ata than the bh. I want the speed of the pulse, but need the extra forgiveness of the pure. Maybe one day I'll have both to end my conflict, but for now, pure is what I am going to be shooting.

#27 ·
Without a doubt, the PURE will be my 3-D bow......It has it all, smoothness, great valley and wall and the dang thing is tooooooo accurate. I have an Energy to back it up and I'm in good shape. I'm looking for the older Elites now.....

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.