Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 58 Posts

·
Registered
469 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I shot some elites yesterday and really liked them. The one I like most is the pure. I wanted to know what people's opinions were on this bow since I'm considering a purchase. Don't want bashers, just honest pro's and cons from those who've had or have one. Thoughts on tunability, shootability, etc? Thanks and hope to hear good input.

·
Registered
113 Posts
I bought one about 3 weeks ago and absolutely love it. I have always shot a mathews until this elite. Its a shooter for sure!!!

·
Registered
3,604 Posts
Awesome bow for me for a little 3d, but mainly a hunter. Won't go back to a shorter bow after shooting the Pure. Tunes easilly if you know the binary system and how to time them. Drawboard is helpful in that regard. Very accurate bow in the right hands. Some love the grip, some hate it. I'm one of the former and love it.

·
Registered
469 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I liked the grip a lot. I also shot mainly Mathews and Hoyt, but am ready to change it up. I don't have much knowledge of binary cam systems, but that's what you guys are for right. Lol

·
Registered
9,962 Posts
My favorite do-all bow to date, just a real smooth , great balancing, forgiving bow with good speed. You will love it!

·
Registered
398 Posts
Before you buy a brand new one, look on the classifieds. I've been seeing a lot of Pures lately for $500-$600.
Remember the warranty is transferable, and replacement mods/limbs are easy to get.
The new elites should be coming out pretty soon, so I wouldn't be surprised if you would find a brand new Pure for less than $500.
Also check the elite archery forums if necessary. Lots of good deals on them.

Good luck!

·
Registered
2,935 Posts
i still like the older Elites but have shot the pure it is very nice but i couldn't find enough of a difference between what i have and new so i just kept what i have
you can get a heck of a deal on a used Elite if you look may save some cash

·
Registered
469 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Yeah, I've seen a lot of them for sale which is why I posted this. Hoping there wasn't a major downfall I wasn't aware of.

·
Registered
2,037 Posts
The Pure is a great bow....my 3D shooter. I have the GT500 for hunting....it is faster and I can hold the wall all day. The Pure draws like butter...soft butter.....and is very accurate....plus, I can't exceed 288 fps in those darn ASA tournaments so ultimate speed isn't an issue.

G

·
Registered
4,553 Posts
I loved my pure. Shot it most of the summer shooting 3d. Elite makes a great product. They have great fit and finish. The pure is plenty fast,quiet and holds great. I just couldnt get past the cam lean on mine. However the bow was accurate out to 60yds as any i've shot. Im just to anal about my equipment to look past it.

·
FULLY TWISTED BOWSTRINGS
976 Posts
cam lean sounds like you didnt have the bow tuned properly some cam lean is gonna happen but you can tune it out

·
Registered
4,553 Posts
nope i've had em all guys and spend alot of hours tuning bows. some bows just have it by design of cam tracks and the harnesses. Tilt tamer does help some but isnt 100% The pure is a great bow i would recommend it to people just has some design flaws.

·
Registered
469 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
nope i've had em all guys and spend alot of hours tuning bows. some bows just have it by design of cam tracks and the harnesses. Tilt tamer does help some but isnt 100% The pure is a great bow i would recommend it to people just has some design flaws.
Please elaborate on the design flaws. I really want to hear your input. Pm me if you don't want to get an argumentative thread going here.

·
Registered
539 Posts
I unfortunately can't give you much info in direct regard to the pure as I've not shot one. I can however give you information on Elite as a company in whole, They are amazing... Truly what business should be about these days... I bought my gt500 used last year off of this forum and had a bunch of time adjusting / tweaking it. I called Elite numerous times while I was learning their equipment, never once did I feel as if I was bothering them or did they ever try to rush me off of the phone.

Fantastic Company!

·
Anti Fanboy
42,158 Posts
Please elaborate on the design flaws. I really want to hear your input. Pm me if you don't want to get an argumentative thread going here.
Like I said, if anything were to pop up, you can bet Elite will take care of it.

My buddy has a Pure he got about 3 months ago. He shoots competition and he has not touched the tune on that bow since he got it. My Z28 is the same way.

You cant go wrong with an Elite.

·
11,950 Posts
Not going to really find any cons. Just about everyone who has every tried and bought an Elite loves them. The Pure is an excellent bow and a real shooter. I love my Pulse and will be shooting it for a long while.

1 - 20 of 58 Posts