Archery Talk Forum banner
  • Enter in this new Contest Sponsored by Walmart for your chance to win a $400 gift just in time for the 4th of July! HERE Contest Ends on the 30th.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
3,551 Posts
His description of the Revol was spot on .People that bought sight unseen and drew it back and was like "This isnt like my Elite"

I picked one up used pulled back a couple times and sold it.....The new Revol XL as my attention along with the Ritual 35 and the new Bowtech Rekoning.

·
The Impartial Archer
19,194 Posts
I don't get it. Where does a Revol XL fit in when there is a Ritual 35, Echelon 37 and an Echelon 39?
Sounds like a different cam. "This isn't my Elite".....but is that good or bad...…..lol

·
Registered
3,311 Posts
It’s a niche bow for target or long DL guys. It’s something they’ve Frankenstein’d that ended up being a nice bow. They just took a Revol riser, echelon 39 limbs and echelon cams. They didn’t have to design anything new to make another bow. Just different string specs and voila!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
531 Posts
Did anyone get to shoot it? How does it compare to the Revol for draw cycle and valley? At what draw length? if not who has shot the echelon and the revol that can give a comparison of draw cycle and valley? Does anyone know the speed the bow shoots? Any info appreciated as I am sure my local shops will not be getting a demo. I have shot the revol but not the echelon.

·
Registered
467 Posts
I was told the Revol Xl will be 36 1/2” ish ata, 7 5/8” brace, and speed around 317ish. Echelon cams and echelon 39 limbs with the revol riser results in longer brace. I would have to believe this bow is going to be a hit for target shooters. Very forgiving. Will be super smooth. Cable and limb stops available. I can’t wait.

·
Registered
9,147 Posts
I shot the Revol XL and it's a really nice shooting bow. The valley is great on this new XL, much improved over the original. Great grip, great draw cycle, held on target really well and felt great on the shot. It, along with the R35 were very impressive. If I were a 30" + draw I would probably go with the XL. I'm a 28.5" draw and decided to go with the R35 for the extra performance and so I wouldn't be toward the bottom end of the cam. They felt very similar but I think the R35 was a tiny bit smoother to draw and had a slightly better grip.

Both were outstanding, you can't really go wrong with either one imo. I actually thought about ordering both because I couldn't decide which I liked better. I may end up ordering a XL later in the year for a spot bow, it just felt like a very stable platform.

·
Registered
182 Posts
I'm pretty interested in one. They don't have it listed on elite's website yet that I can see. I shot the Revol all last year. It was an awesome bow for target shooting. I prefer the revol grip over my victory's and the lower let off is nice too.

·
Registered
182 Posts
Anyone know why Elite doesn't offer the cable stop option on the Ritual cam?
The ritual line is more for hunting and the rock solid back wall is what they are known for. Cable stops aren't exactly rock solid. I'm assuming the cable stop option is geared more towards additional options for target shooters.

·
Registered
978 Posts
I realize that the Ritual line is more hunting but it would still be nice to at least have the option much like Prime does with ALL of their bow's. I love my Energy 35 for a do-all bow but I wish it would have a cable stop option as I shoot back tension whether it be target or hunting and I think having some give in the wall would help my pin float at times.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts