Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I’ve been having a hell of a time trying to get a bare shaft bullet hole! I’ve restarted 3 times now. Leveled my arrow on my rest while it’s centered I’m shooting a 340 axis with 150 grains up front @ 71# 27.5”DL shaft was 29.5” right tear the only way I’ve gotten a bullet hole is with my cable guard maxed to the right and my rest maxed to the right. called my local pro shop he said the last 3 years for some reason he has seen a weak shaft tearing right when it’s weak so start cutting it down to get a bullet hole. I’ve cut it down to 25.5” and it’s still got a right tear My rest is almost maxed to the right I don’t have any face pressure feel like my release is good it could be bad form hoping it’s not though any advise?

·
Registered
590 Posts
I had a horrible right tear and had to move the shims around on my Ritual 35. Have you done any work yet with rearranging the shims?

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
No I haven’t messed with them yet I’m a little worried it will have the exact opposite problem cams are definitely shined to the left right now though

·
Registered
590 Posts
For what it's worth, here was my experience.

1. Started with bad right tear.
2. Maxed out the LTR, no luck. Only got bullet holes with center shot at 1"
3. Swapped around shims and recentered LTR, got bullet holes at about 11/16 - 12/16, which means I shimmed a bit too much.
4. Rearranged shims again, now centershot is right between 13/16 and 14/16 and shoots bullet holes and bareshafts with fletched arrows out to 25yds and out to 30yds on a good form day.

·
Registered
590 Posts
it sounds like you'll need to shim. From the factory, mine was also shimmed to the left. I just made the final swap yesterday and I'm glad I went through the trouble of shimming. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Well I guess I’ll give it a shot what a pain thanks for the advise I’m tired of beating my head against the wall

·
Registered
130 Posts
With my R35, I was getting a consistent right tear and we went through everything. First, moving the LTR right didn't work. Then moving the rest left didn't either. We messed with shooting a 340 arrow instead of a 300 arrow. Then we tried a 100 grain tip instead of a 125 grain point. Long story short, we had to press the bow and remove a shim from the right side and move it to the left side. That did the trick and a perfect bullet hole.

·
Registered
PSE EVO NXT 35 60 lbs, Elite Victory X 60 lbs
608 Posts
Just like those above, bought a brand new Ritual 35 and went to set it up yesterday. Huge right tear (bare shaft hitting way left) Mine is set at 29/61. I'm shooting Gold tip 340's cut to 28.5 inches with 125 grains in front. I was able to get it to tune by moving "center shot" to 15/16 and LTR 1 hash mark to the right. I hate my arrow not running parallel to the riser, so moved shims around. There are 4 shims on top and 4 on bottom. On top I have a thick shim, medium shim and small shim on left and 1 medium shim on right. Center shot is back to 13/16. On bottom I have 2 mediums and a thin on left and 1 medium on the right. Well worth the little bit of effort to move the shims. The bow just sits there after the shot when you aren't fighting against it.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts