Archery Talk Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
384 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have 2 elites that were recently setup by different shops. The black bow is an elite enkore and the camo is an elite envision. Both have a QAD HDX ultrarest. On the envision the rest is a little high off the riser when laying flat.

Archery rest cocked up

Elite Enkore- The arrow runs pretty level with the berger holes.
Elite Envision- The arrow is noticeably raised from the bottom of the berger holes.

Is one way correct and another wrong in terms of being able to tune correctly. They both shoot well but am worried about the vertical difference it could make with broadhead tuning.

Thank you for any advice.

Attachments

·
Blue Marlin
3,728 Posts
My Encore is a tad high on the hole and when my HDX is down there's 1/16 gap to the shelf. Mine is perfectly tuned and don't think I've ever shot a bow as well as my Enkore.

....but like mentioned above, every bow is different.

·
Registered
2,816 Posts
I mean, I set my bows up with the bottom of the arrow at the top of the Berger holes. It terms of a shop setting it up, some probably do all the bottom, some all the center. I've learned I hold better with a much higher nocking point.

You said it yourself, they both shoot well, and neither is incorrect IMO. You may prefer one over the other, but as long as you have clean arrow flight out of both, broadhead tuning shouldn't be an issue.

·
Registered
5,299 Posts
Randy Ulmer wants his arrow connected to his hand. Lower in the berger the better. The higher you go in the berger the more leverage you have. You have more bow above the grip so your pull point is higher on the string.
I have found for me 1 inch off the shelf to the center of the arrow is the best for me and most stable.

Reactions: JSTTH5US
1 - 15 of 15 Posts