Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
548 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a Elite Stix Stab and I havent really gotten to shoot it much cause of countless problems. First I tighten the clamp where the tuning rod slides all the way but the rod still moves very easily. Second.. when I shoot tighten the stab onto by bow...I can pull the stabilizer off and the mounts still on the bow....... The screw on the clamp is starting to strip...and the threads inside....What am I suppose to do???...I have contacted Speciality Archery many times with not one responce. I would like to know if theres instructions or somthing.. because I didnt get any thing with it.....Im very confused here....please help.

Thanks, Tyler

·
Registered
2,671 Posts
Nuta said:
I have a Elite Stix Stab and I havent really gotten to shoot it much cause of countless problems. First I tighten the clamp where the tuning rod slides all the way but the rod still moves very easily. Second.. when I shoot tighten the stab onto by bow...I can pull the stabilizer off and the mounts still on the bow....... The screw on the clamp is starting to strip...and the threads inside....What am I suppose to do???...I have contacted Speciality Archery many times with not one responce. I would like to know if theres instructions or somthing.. because I didnt get any thing with it.....Im very confused here....please help.

Thanks, Tyler
Wish I could help ya' but I do agree with you about Specialties tech help. I have emailed them 3 times and never gotten a response either.

·
Registered
6,653 Posts
I would suggest giving Specialty a call, 641-424-5762, or fax them, 641-423-2022. I believe these numbers are still good, but don't quote me, lol! Sometimes a little slow on the computer side of things, like e-mail, as you've probably noticed.

I'm sorry I can't offer up any speculations personally on what to do to remedy your situation - I'm not that mechanically minded :). I've been using a couple different Elite Stix now for the past year roughly and the only problem I've encountered was where the weights screw in on the end of the tuning rod - end piece wanted to slide out of the tuning rod which was easily fixed with some hot melt glue. I have not experienced any problems on either Stix I'm shooting with the collars for the tuning rods nor the quick disconnects. Possibly the collar you have won't tighten down far enough to lock the tuning rod into place? I also set up my QD a little differently, preferring to mount the larger QD base to the stabilizer itself rather than to the bow. Several I know using the Elite Stix with the tuning rod are not having any problems so could possibly just be a bad component on yours?

Like I noted above, I've usually found it easier to just give them a call. Usually available unless off doing a display at a major tournament/show and more than happy to assist.

Good luck.............:)

>>------->

·
Registered
9 Posts
Elite Stix

Regarding the Elite Stix problem: You've never contacted us at Specialty Archery or we would have responded Imedialtely. Possibly you are using an incorrect E-mail. We respond to any product problem with a repair or a replacement. We have no record of any correspondence on this matter. I would suggest a call to 800 555 2856.
Donald I. Chipman
[email protected]

·
Registered
548 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
woops...my bad...I mispelled the e-mail.....i sent a new one...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts