Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
997 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well here is the write up gentlemen.

I ordered an Elite Synergy with 65lb black limbs and a Max 1 riser. It took all of three weeks to come in. This is my first Elite but far from my first bow. I have owned a bow from just about every manufacture and in all shapes and sizes. I have been shooting bow's for 15 years and today's bows are light years ahead of the bow I started out with.

With that said when I made the trip out to Sunry's here in Michigan, I shot the new Xpedition, Mathews, Bowtech, and Elite. All the bows had there ups and downs but when it came right down to it I had to pick between the Bowtech or Elite. Elites price was right and that was the deciding factor.

I have been shooting this bow for about a week now and I did have my doubts. Waiting on this new Elite all I could think about was that powershift tech. and if I had made the right decision choosing Elite after reading some discouraging write ups about this Synergy from others on this forum and other forums.

But this bows stability, draw cycle, and feel in the hand quickly made me realize this bow was a good one. Fit and finish is perfect, strings have stretched very little,and it's flinging a 346 grain arrow at 283fps with about 40 grains on the string.

The only complaint I have is the weight, this bow loaded is very heavy and I actually removed the weight from my B-stinger which made a load of difference and improved my pin float tremendously.

Compared to my Chillr last year, It's still early to tell which one I like better.. but this bow is awesome and I would recommend anybody interested to give it a shot.

syn1.jpg syn3.jpg syn5.jpg

·
Registered
2,006 Posts
Congrats on the Synergy. Nice looking bow.

·
Dont sing it, bring it!!
4,607 Posts
Congrats. I went from a Chillr to an E32 and don't regret it one bit. I think I might like the synergy a touch better though with the few times I've shot it.

·
Registered
997 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks guys that chillr was a heck of a bow

·
Registered
532 Posts
Hey wildwilt I live in livingston County also and also go to SunRys. I will be getting the same bow this spring. that bow flat out shoots. Can I ask who set your bow up for you up at Sunrys? And what is your draw lenghth?

·
Registered
1,817 Posts
Completely honest question the one feature on elite i do not like is the old style cable slide does this seem to effect performance in anyway?

·
Registered
997 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hey wildwilt I live in livingston County also and also go to SunRys. I will be getting the same bow this spring. that bow flat out shoots. Can I ask who set your bow up for you up at Sunrys? And what is your draw lenghth?
Derek set it up. Do you shoot any leagues at the LCWCC? Draw length is 28" as stated above.

·
Registered
997 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Completely honest question the one feature on elite i do not like is the old style cable slide does this seem to effect performance in anyway?
Nope, Although its hard to say because elite has never made it with anything else nor have I shot one that was modified with anything else. The only thing I can think of to improve it would be to add a Saunders Hyper Glide slide.

·
Registered
1,817 Posts
Nope, Although its hard to say because elite has never made it with anything else nor have I shot one that was modified with anything else. The only thing I can think of to improve it would be to add a Saunders Hyper Glide slide.
The Mathews and Hoyts of the world pimp their cable slides like the best thing since flush toilets it alway made me wander if its marketing or offer real advantages Elite certainly doesn't buy in and I owned bows for years that performed well with that style.

·
Registered
997 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
The Mathews and Hoyts of the world pimp their cable slides like the best thing since flush toilets it alway made me wander if its marketing or offer real advantages Elite certainly doesn't buy in and I owned bows for years that performed well with that style.
IMO the less moving parts the better. They don't have a "Flex" or "Roller" system but from the view of a Calibration Technician such as myself KISS is a great term to live by (Keep It Simple Stupid)

·
Dont sing it, bring it!!
4,607 Posts
Hoyts new cable system is best on the market. IMO. Second would be the slide.

·
Registered
997 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Hoyts new cable system is best on the market. IMO. Second would be the slide.
Why do you say that? Why is hoyts better then bowtechs or PSE? Not trying to get off topic just curious.

·
Registered
997 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
What are the issues you are reading about the Synergy? I have not read any of these as of yet. Thanks
No issues. Just people talking nonsense about "how slow the bow is" and "there really isn't a need for it in the lineup" which I disagree.

·
Registered
1,817 Posts
that is my favorite color combo - although it's the one that i have not owned. max1 riser black limbs rock!!

·
Registered
997 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
that is my favorite color combo - although it's the one that i have not owned. max1 riser black limbs rock!!
Thanks boss. It definitely looks sharp.

·
Registered
5,148 Posts
When I shot em I liked the draw on the synergy the best , not much difference between it and the energys but it just felt right ! Looked great in snow to ! At 57 lbs it just rolled into the stops it seemed a little quieter also . The victory was the bow that surprised me the most , it was just as smooth and very fast , they are going to sell a lot of victorys !

·
Registered
997 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Yea they had a victory up at the shop for all of one day before it was sold. Wish i could have shot it.

1 - 20 of 44 Posts