Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,142 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As most of you already know, Elite makes an amazing bow and I have owned 3 so far and have loved every single one of them like no other. I have owned my most recent Elite for about 6 months and told my self it would take an AMAZING bow for me to get rid of my Elite.

For those of you who have shot these two bows, please compare and contrast the 2 in terms of comfort, weight, noise, vibration, draw cycle, and customer service. I am looking into getting rid of my Elite and purchasing an Alien X, but as of now I am not sure if this will be a good idea or not. Please give me any input you can on the Alien X

·
Registered
6,178 Posts
Boy,that's a tough one. I've owned a GT500 and 2 Aliens. First off for comfort,the Elite has a nice grip,but I found the shelf to be a bit narrow. The leather on the Alien bugged me,couldn't get a consistent grip. Weight,the Alien is definetely lighter,but it really didn't make much of a difference on the shot. Vibration,both bows were shock free. Noise,the Elite is hands down quieter than the Alien. This is the one thing that bothered me the most about the Alien. Both of my Aliens were proffesionally setup,and had the standard silencing devices installed,the last one even had a paradigm cta. Draw cycle, the Elite is smooth but stiff. The Alien is probably one of the smoothest drawing "speed" bows,loved it. As far as customer service,I never used it,Martin has a great reputation,but you really can't beat Elite with their new warranty. That's my$.02:)

·
Registered
1,198 Posts
Haven't shot the alien but I just traded bows for a Z28 and can't wait!

Thinkin about trying to shoot something when I get but it's time to duck hunt!

·
Registered
959 Posts
have shot the gt500 and the alien at 29". now i am a 27", but having 2 bows too long i guess can be comparable. as stated before, the elite grip is way nicer. it is also definately quieter. as for speed, the gt500 edged out the alien in our case, but its so close it isnt going to matter.

my biggest dissapointment with the alien was the finish. my buddy got a black one and there was unfinished pieces on the riser, and some of the alien graphics had weird blotches of black in them.

i would definately choose the elite

·
Registered
24,903 Posts
never shot a elite but i love my alien to death its a great bow. never felt such a smooth/ easy draw.

i will agree that im not 100% impressed with the finish.

but over all this is the greatest bow i have ever shot. holds so good and again the draw cycle is amazing.

·
Registered
6,178 Posts
have shot the gt500 and the alien at 29". now i am a 27", but having 2 bows too long i guess can be comparable. as stated before, the elite grip is way nicer. it is also definately quieter. as for speed, the gt500 edged out the alien in our case, but its so close it isnt going to matter.

my biggest dissapointment with the alien was the finish. my buddy got a black one and there was unfinished pieces on the riser, and some of the alien graphics had weird blotches of black in them.

i would definately choose the elite
My camo Alien the finish was terrible,however,the black one was flawless. That bow to me is the coolest looking bow on the market,it just looks bad. Of course the finish on the Elite was flawless.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts