Archery Talk Forum banner

Elite vs Hoyt AM32 vs Admiral

727 7
I'm looking for some feedback from my AT friends. I'm going to buy a new bow. I was looking at the Z28, Hoyt am32 or Bowtech Admiral. I've shot both the Hoyt and Bowtech and I plan on shooting an Elite very soon. The Hoyt and Bowtech seem very close and I liked them both.

I'm looking for more speed than my SBXT puts out. It's a nice bow but, it'll be my back up.

If this is any consideration, the Bowtech shop is 2 miles away, the Hoyt shop is 35 miles away and the Elite is 15 miles away. The only reason I mention this is for service down the road. Also I'm a little concerned about Elite. Did they recently get sold? Are they a solid company?

I shoot 60# @ 29 inch dl.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
2,143 Posts
All great bows. I went with the Admiral personally because of the roating draw mods. I like the easy fine tuning without running back and forth to a shop sourcing modules. The Elite is cam specific so it better be right when you order it and most companies are never right about draw length. I'll throw a wrench in your strategy and say you should also try a Rytera Alien X. Its getting some darn good reviews. Your original 3 are all excellent bows though.

· Registered
64 Posts
Hi, I went with the admiral and love it. replaced my general I had last year. But the new hoy'ts seem pretty cool as well i'm saving for one of those as well. I'm really not into pse personally I think they are still a little behind. IMO but i'm sure they are all great bows. good luck

· Registered
2,382 Posts
The z28 is defiantly a nice bow, but I think of the 3 bows you mentioned it would be #3 for me.
The other 2 would be a coin flip.
I bought the AM 32, but I liked the guardian very much, and could have gone that way too.

· Registered
4,496 Posts
Speed wise they will all be very close, within a few fps when tuned right. The nice thing about the Z28 is the extra brace height. It will help out in the woods, when you have lots of cloths on. Other than that, they all shoot nice, feel nice, and will do well for you. I would shoot all three, and choose the one that feels the best in your hand.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.