Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
498 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Heres a question for yall.......

Does anyone know what notes or keys Elk Bugle in?

Thanks,
Bob

·
Registered
498 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Anyone?

I have looked everywhere.....no one knows here either?

Tuff question huh!

How bout Glen Barry, he may know......whats his AT handle?

Thanks,

Bob

·
Registered
916 Posts
Notes

Broken X, I called Glens' place saturday taking a chance someone might answer but no luck. Another guy that may know is Larry D. Jones out of OR may try him in the beginning of the week. Otherwise I don't know if Elk follow the "doe-ray-me-fosil-ley-tee" well something like that? All I hear Elk do are highs and lows.
Have fun

Out for now

·
Registered
498 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks ex-diver.......

Do I know you by chance? I see your here on the Westside........My father and I own The Nock Point. How long have you been shooting?

I stopped shooting tournaments after I broke my neck in 90'. I was paralyzed and now use an electric wheelchair as well. I am a NAA level 2 and I love coaching and buglin big ol' bulls.

Do you Elk hunt here in Wa.?

I have been dinkin around with building my own bugles and was just curious about thier pitches, notes and keys.

Thanks for replying, :D

Bob Hickey

Have you met Diver Dwayne yet?

·
Registered
916 Posts
Maybe we've met?

Broken X, when I lived in Ballard back in 97-99 I was a dive instructor at the Divers Institute of Tech, I use to catch quite a few of the traditional shoots and some of the mixed shoots back then.
Is your shop north of Seattle (Bothell)? Do you carry any traditional stuff? As far as Diver Dwayne I believe I've seen him at a shoot or two but we've never formally met. Is he the one with the boat cleaning business if he is I met one of his divers way back when (cute girlfriend).:D
When I wasn't out of town on a job I would always try to go elk or deer hunting which was far and few between. I'd spend more time in the off season scouting and finding game, wish I was into photography because I've been close enough to smell them. I'm hope my luck changes and I'll be able to get back in the loop again. I've been shooting over 20 years some in So. Illinois, Oregon and now here for about 6 years, I live north of Subase Bangor.
Good luck keep me posted and maybe we'll catch up with you later.
Out for now

·
Registered
2,526 Posts
C#

Just Kidding - I have no idea! I would say most elk varry in actual pitch. Take a live recording of some elk bugling & then use a tuning fork, tuner, or various other devices for tuning a guitar, piano, etc. & try to match it up. I don't think you can say all elk bugle in the key of A# or C. Just like all turkey's don't yelp in C or E or all gobbles are in the key of B flat.

·
Registered
498 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
lol......Orion

I was speaking in general. I know small calf/cows sounds are high in pitch and bulls go lower ect... but I was wondering about the scale or note.

Great idea, I am off to the music store with my bugle..lol....

Thanks,

Bob

1 - 7 of 7 Posts