Archery Talk Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1,221 Posts
I got to discussing a lot of this stuff with a buddy of mine. All the information is great and you can learn a ton about elk.

Now I am not quite sure the purpose of this post, i.e. to be a better elk hunter, or just general information. My thoughts are sometimes we make this a little to complicated then it needs to be. With talking to my buddy, he just keeps it simple. The elk are doing 1 of 3 things. Feeding, bedding, or breeding. When you are calling to them they are doing 1 of 3 things, coming, going, or staying. Obviously it is important not to give an alarm bark when you trying to coax in a bull. I guess what I am getting at is I think for new people sometimes this can be a paralsis of analysis thing in the field.

·
Registered
1,221 Posts
But, not everyone is a newcomer. The purpose is to give information that MAY prove helpful, or possibly help some people just understand elk behavior better.

Hunting related articles don't always have to be about how to "kill' something. Some of them, at least, should be informative and relate to the enjoymentof the hunt, or possibly the understanding of the animals.
I understand. Like I said the information is great.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.