Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3,466 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Do you guys have any problems when elk step out and your right leg starts shaking like a tap dancer? mine does and i cant seem to get rid of it. deer dont shake me up but elk i start breathing hard and my leg get (parkensons) or something (spelling) what can a guy do to get rid of it.

·
Registered
796 Posts
The only way to get rid of it IMO is just trying to remain calm and focus. The "tap dancing" is nothing more than excitement and adrenaline. Its a feeling I personally love. I've always been told when I quit getting excited its time to give hunting up.

·
Registered
166 Posts
Shaky Leggy

I don't think you can get rid of it and why would you want to. That is the fun part of hunting. I am heading to Colorado next September for my first elk hunt with a guide. If I am anything like I was this past turkey season when I shot my first turkey with a bow, I probably won't get my release on my loop (that's no exageration, my buddy was in my blind with me laughing at my body going into convulsions). My elk hunt is along way off, but I'll inform everyone of how I do. My brother in law goes every year and says there is nothing better. Keep shakin' and aim steady.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts