Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was reading my contract for archery elk hunting and the base price is $3900 for 5 days with a number of pluses. However, it also says, if you draw a ML tag which is concurrent with archery and decide to ML hunt, the price increases to $4900 or $1000 more. I’m told this is due to the high probability of getting an elk on this private land vs with a bow. Is this normal? If you don’t get a elk the price is still $1000 more so it’s not directly tied to getting one, it’s the opportunity

interestingly, in my 2 years I’ve observed how much harder the guide works to hunt archery hunters given the difficulty vs a ML.

·
Registered
6,990 Posts
I’ve seen that it’s more common to charge more for gun hunting, for the reason you mentioned. Maybe part of the logic is that there will “on average” be more work in gun hunts in handling the downed animals, because there will be more downed animals.

·
Registered
2,489 Posts
higher odds, higher cost

Yes, I would say it is standard practice among hunt prices I have seen

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ok, thx. Just wanted to make sure I was being treated fairly and customarily. Not a lot of responses but seems like it might be normal.

·
My Elk Hunting Home
32,364 Posts
That should seal the deal........archery it is.

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

That should seal the deal........archery it is.
yeah, I kinda agree. I almost didn’t put in for my ml tag bc of this and besides, I enjoy archery a lot but might as well do it while I can but may not do it after this attempt.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts