Archery Talk Forum banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
631 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hey guys! I was lucky enough to draw a PA archery bull elk tag this year. I was even more fortunate to take the state record typical archery bull. However, I don’t know how to mount him! I currently have standard 8’ ceilings and his main beams are so long that I’m not sure what to do. He curls pretty hard so that may be my saving grace. What do you think some good options are for a mount. Any ideas? Thanks!
He scored:
420 & 4/8” gross
401 & 1/8” net non-typical
381 & 1/8 net typical
Plant Plant community Elk Hunting Tree

Plant Hunting Plant community Trophy hunting Natural material
Plant community Plant Wood Trunk Natural landscape
View attachment 7524707

·
Premium Member
330 Posts
Congratulations on an awesome Elk with your bow!!! Wow!!!
You have to do a full shoulder mount on him….I know room is tight but at least you’ll have the shoulder mount that could be mounted on a tree or fence post type setting that could sit in the corner on the floor somewhere in your house. If there is not enough room on the wall now, maybe down the ride if you move or something. You’ll always have the shoulder mount to use.

·
Registered
631 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks guys! I suppose I should have been more specific. I already plan on doing a shoulder mount. I guess I will have to do a pedestal mount of some sort so I know I will have enough space from the wall. Maybe you guys could post some pics of your elk mounts or other pedestal mounts you guys have?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hey guys! I was lucky enough to draw a PA archery bull elk tag this year. I was even more fortunate to take the state record typical archery bull. However, I don’t know how to mount him! I currently have standard 8’ ceilings and his main beams are so long that I’m not sure what to do. He curls pretty hard so that may be my saving grace. What do you think some good options are for a mount. Any ideas? Thanks!
He scored:
410 & 4/8” gross
381 & 1/8 net typical
View attachment 7524704
View attachment 7524705 View attachment 7524706 View attachment 7524707
Wow amazing animal

·
Registered
13 Posts
Pedestal mount in a slightly turned and mainly head back (bugle postion) is what i would suggest. You can build base to meet needs of how high you want it and what looks good in spot you pick out. Congrats on beautiful bull.

·
Registered
23 Posts
He scored:
420 & 4/8” gross
381 & 1/8 net typical
View attachment 7524704
View attachment 7524705 View attachment 7524706 View attachment 7524707
😳

1 - 20 of 30 Posts