Archery Talk Forum banner
21 - 35 of 35 Posts
As tough as that hunt sounds, still a great hunt. Great job man!

i'm tired just reading all that. you must be beat.

congrats on a successful hunt. i think you made the right choice to take the spike. a trophy in my book. well done to you and your buddy!

my legs burned just thinking about your pack out to the truck... I only had half that distance and on the way out it was about 500 yds straight up then all down hill.

Congrats on getting it done!!!

Yep. Exactly. Due to how the weekends fall, we will leave on the afternoon of the 14th and return around the 26-28th.
my legs burned just thinking about your pack out to the truck... I only had half that distance and on the way out it was about 500 yds straight up then all down hill.

Congrats on getting it done!!!
OK guys, it's time for complete honesty. Who's elk has longer spikes? Come on, I know you measured. :banana:

Discussion starter · #30 ·
OK guys, it's time for complete honesty. Who's elk has longer spikes? Come on, I know you measured. :banana:
My wife is turning it into a "shabby sheek" coat rack if you can believe that. =( Once the velvet is stripped by the taxi and it's been stained, I will let you know. It's got some real long spikes though. Lol.

Discussion starter · #31 ·
kinda funny, your "downer" part of the story involved being into elk. dont sound so bad to me! way to work man. sounds like an exciteing hunt!
You are right. I look back at the trip with admiration now, but I am normally spoiled by this hunt. Elk are normally fired up late in the month and everywhere. Being that wasn't the case early it made it "tough." =)

Glad you had a safe trip. While the trip may not have gone as planned you have to like that you guys scored a double down on elk - that is pretty darn cool.
Things up hear have been dreadfully slow but I hope things will have changed for my next outing on Wed.

Discussion starter · #34 ·
Glad you had a safe trip. While the trip may not have gone as planned you have to like that you guys scored a double down on elk - that is pretty darn cool.
Things up hear have been dreadfully slow but I hope things will have changed for my next outing on Wed.
I'm sure they will get going any day now. Good luck Brian!

21 - 35 of 35 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.