Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
1,637 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone else get this? Basically what I get out of it is that my camera will be useless in another year.

If you own any Verizon 3G Spartan GoCam cameras (models VZWb, VZWi, VCTb, VCTi), please read this important message.

Upcoming network changes from Verizon will affect your Spartan GoCam (connected by Verizon) 3G devices.

The following information is from Verizon:

On December 31, 2019, Verizon plans to retire its CDMA-only network (1x/EVDO, 2G/3G).
They will no longer activate new CDMA-only devices after June 30, 2018.
They will continue supporting the following account services through July 1, 2019:
Device ID Change
MDN Change
Price Plan Change
Suspend and Resume
Reactivate MDN
If you have Spartan GoCam (connected by Verizon) 3G cameras with an active data plan, you may continue to use them until the end of 2019. Please DO NOT deactivate your cameras if you plan to use them until the end of 2019. You can still make the changes listed in the Verizon statement as long as the cameras are active.

If you have Spartan GoCam (connected by Verizon) 3G cameras which are currently deactivated, you must activate them by June 30, 2018, if you plan to use them until the end of 2019.

Spartan is committed to providing you with the best customer service experience. If you have any questions about this notice, please contact Verizon or Spartan GoCam at 770-582-0004.

·
Registered
1,637 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I have to do some more digging the more I think about it I believe mine is 4G, so I'm not sure why I would have got this email.

·
Registered
39 Posts
I haven’t gotten the email yet but I am running a 3g camera for my farm in KY. If this is the case I’m not too happy about it

·
Registered
1,637 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I looked mine is a 3G so I guess in another year I just have a really expensive regular trail camera

·
Registered
9,771 Posts
I read on a different thread here that the reason for no more 3G as soon as the end of the month is the carriers are making room for the new 5G coming soon to a area near you.

·
Registered
9,771 Posts
email claims they will retire the 3G service 12/31/19
there is another thread about this and the end date has been moved up. To as soon as the end of this month. that was the whole premise for the thread.

I hope its all bs and those that have these cam's will get the full year

·
Registered
1,637 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
there is another thread about this and the end date has been moved up. To as soon as the end of this month. that was the whole premise for the thread.

I hope its all bs and those that have these cam's will get the full year
As long is the camera is activated by the end of the month it will be able to be used until 12/31/19. After that they will no longer activate them

·
Registered
350 Posts
Wow. I was thinking about getting one of these. I'll stay away now. Even the 4G ones aren't safe forever because there's always going to be a new thing coming to make them obsolete.

·
Kick'em up
362 Posts
I got it as well yesterday. Definitely not whatI wantedto hear. Glad I didn't invest in the solar battery charging set up.

·
Registered
1,637 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Wow. I was thinking about getting one of these. I'll stay away now. Even the 4G ones aren't safe forever because there's always going to be a new thing coming to make them obsolete.
Yeah it's pretty bad that a camera that i paid $500 for will be no good after 3 hunting seasons

·
Premium Member
980 Posts
I think this is why Moultrie Mobile appeals to me. It's separate from the camera. So if it becomes obsolete, you're not just stuck with a regular overpriced trail camera. Although I think they're only 3G so I would wait for the next version.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts