Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,360 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Last night I was checking my myspace, and "Joey" added me. After seeing that he was a WHA puppet, I shot him an email basically telling him to go jump in the lake. His response was very interesting to say the least.

---This is my first email after he wanted to add me---
You have to be kidding me, any person that calls themself a hunter should not only spit in the face of the WHA they should do the same to their supporters too. Not to wish you personally any misfourtune, but I hope the WHA flops like a fish out of water.

-----And his response---Why would you say that man? You know the WHA aint darting no deer. That was changed months ago...Why would you say something that harsh without knowing what you are talking about?

Man, Ive been hunting since I could walk and I hold hunting as dear to my heart as my own family. The other guys in this feel the same. Dont let the press make decisions for you. Wait and see before you pass judgment.

What is the biggest issue you have with the WHA? Im assuming it was darting. If it was more than that then by all means shoot me an email and lets discuss ------- What does everyone think??? I still say the WHA is just a joke IMHO

·
Registered
370 Posts
I got a thing from both WHA and a guy Karl that is from the WHA trying to add me as a friend on myspace. What a joke, i just denied everything because i dont have time to waste on stupid people like that.

·
Banned
2,045 Posts
Let the WHA die, as we can see they are throwing out life lines.

·
Registered
2,426 Posts
If they are killin instead of dartin, its just another dream season aint it.But there paying cash for kills.I dont have a problem with it, as long as they are not dartin.Personally, I could care less.

·
Registered
351 Posts
just because they are not darting now, means nothing to me. at one time, they thought it was a good idea, and only quit, because of negative reaction. so i won't have anything to do with them....ever

·
Registered
343 Posts
Sorry for my ignorance, but could someone please fill me in on who the WHA are? I know a little bit, but would like to know exactly what it is they do.

·
Registered
3,172 Posts
DUCK29 said:
If they are killin instead of dartin, its just another dream season aint it.
Yep. It's just another run-of-the-mill, whack-em-and stack-em program. Except of course, with the hand and guidance of God behind them -- so says Farbman.

·
Registered
3,137 Posts
teeroy said:
just because they are not darting now, means nothing to me. at one time, they thought it was a good idea, and only quit, because of negative reaction. so i won't have anything to do with them....ever

absolutley

·
Registered
160 Posts
The WHA has always just been an infomercial for High Fence pen shooting facilities, which has become very clear to me, now that the deer blunting novelty aspect has been stripped away. One just has to read their latest press release to see the real purpose of the WHA:

"Certain bucks that are featured and studied on the internet portal (www.worldhunt.com) will not be eligible for harvest during competition, but the hunters can gain bonus points for bringing the deer into effective range and capturing the footage on camera." - WHA press release

Stripped of WHA PR-speak, and replaced with English, the WHA is going to be "featuring" special pictures and video of the largest bucks trapped inside the fences at those high fence ranches, on the WHA's website and TV program, but these so-called "tournament hosting ranches" certainly aren't going to be agreeable to WHA "contestants" killing off their high-dollar, top shelf...uhhhh...merchandise...errr...livestock... as it is part of the WHA's overall "advertising campaign strategy" to entice individuals to travel to these killing ranches to buy one of their high-price, big-antler bucks to kill.

It is more than clear to me, that is the reason why the WHA has deemed "certain bucks" ineligible to be taken during WHA "tournaments."

An attempt to mainstream high fences is what the WHA is really about.

The question is, will that idea fly with hunters? I don't think it will. We may find we have to tolerate these facilities because we run into the sticky "well what is the definition of ethical?" debate, but pretty much every hunter I know are not supportive of killing animals trapped behind fences, especially when it comes to presenting that definition of "hunting" to the public at large.

·
In 'Da Head
24,266 Posts
I think you guys did the right thing blocking them or whatever the myspace lingo is. I wouldn't doubt that the WHA and Farbman are "fishing" for hunters to get people involved/excited about the WHA. It is probably an obligation on their part. This is actually good news for hunters as I see it as an act of desparation. I also see the message was received when they changed from darting to killing...the real reason? Plain and simple $$$$$$$
Ask those WHA participants what is the going price of their morales and ethics.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts