Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The last daughter will leave for college in 10 days. I have been given a Hoyt Provantage bow, but it has a drawlength of 31", and I only have arms enough for 29". Is there any way to shorten the drawlength, so that I can use this bow, or is it just too much trouble. Third daughter in college will make three at school all at the same time. Needcless to say, $ is an issue. Thanks for your input.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
It seems that a lot of you are looking at this post, but no one has much to say. Well, how about this? The Hoyt Pro Vantage seems to have been made in several models. Does anyone know anything about them? Thanks.

·
Lefty Senior Member
2,815 Posts
your best bet would be to call Hoyt and ask them all the questions you have they will be able to help you out. good luck and keep us posted.

·
I'd rather be hunting!
1,897 Posts
Provantage! Man that takes me back! That was a sweet shooting bow for sure. I don't remember if the cams were slotted for draw length adjustment or not. I do know that when you shortened them you lost a great deal of poundage. These were the bows Hoyt 1st introduced with the fast flight system of cables and strings. Hoyt will be able to help you I am sure.

Good luck!

·
Registered
626 Posts
Cornhusker...The wheel should have 3 draw length pegs on it. If it is in the longest one you can go down to 29" on the draw. Typically about an inch for each peg.Range Rat.:cool:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts