Archery Talk Forum banner

End of the Constitution?

1433 34
If the advanced / leaked info elsewhere on this forum is accurate, then the Bowtech Constitution is no longer to be produced.

There is a long ATA bow, called the Brigadier, but the DL is shown as 30" max (too short for me). Bowtech did the same thing in 2006 with the Constitution, which is why until recently I shot a 2005 Connie.

It's a great shame the Connie has gone, and I only hope the Brigadier is eventually made in longer DL's. If not, then that's it for me and Bowtech, at least new ones.

Fingers crossed for the Ross long ATA bow, either that or look for a good close out deal on an 07 or 08 Connie :)
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

· Registered
3,008 Posts
There's always Hoyt ...

Neil, there's always Hoyt - just kidding ...

How long is your draw length?

· Registered
1,356 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Neil, there's always Hoyt - just kidding ...

How long is your draw length?
My first bow was a Hoyt, but that was a l o n g time ago.

My DL is around 30.5", 31 if I use a straight bow arm.

I know there will be some close out deals on 07 and 08 Constitutions, but it's a shame to think that long DL bows sell in such small numbers, that this section of the market can be ignored. Bowtech did the same thing in 06 with the Connie, that's why I bought an 05.

· Registered
37 Posts
Just bend your arm a bit, or buy a Mathews. :wink: I would have lent you my conquest but its already out on loan.
I can lend you the LD if you want to have a go for a while. I'm shooting a recurve for a bit :eek:
All the best
Tom

· Registered
1,356 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the offer Tom, but the CR337 is fine. I am just hoping the new Ross will fit. If not, I'll beat up WAS for a deal on a Constitution, as I really like the solid back stop.

I just can't make myself buy a Mathews...you know why :wink:

· Registered
1,497 Posts
Perhaps a 1/2 longer string, increases ATA, decreases brace slightly... or in the past... your dealer could special order a Connie with the large cams using the EFA or ESm mods which increases the draw to nearly 35". Have your dealer call BT and ask what can be done. If the Brigadier uses the same 13" limb as in previous years, they have only shortened strings and cable to get the new spec... BTW the cost for the special order was minimal

· Registered
1,356 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I am going to visit my local dealer (and UK Bowtech importer) in a week or two and I'll talk through the options with him then.

· Registered
1,356 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
The Brigadier has a 40" ATA, so it is the 2009 version of the Constitution. But as I have already said, max DL is 30".

· Registered
1,356 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Perhaps a 1/2 longer string, increases ATA, decreases brace slightly... or in the past... your dealer could special order a Connie with the large cams using the EFA or ESm mods which increases the draw to nearly 35". Have your dealer call BT and ask what can be done. If the Brigadier uses the same 13" limb as in previous years, they have only shortened strings and cable to get the new spec... BTW the cost for the special order was minimal
As the new models are now on Bowtech's web site, I e-mailed them and asked if there was any way the Brigadier could have it's DL increased. They just mailed me back and said no. They suggested the Sentinel as an alternative, which is 36.75" ATA + whatever you gain from the cams. It's marginal, but possibly worth a look :mad:

· Registered
99 Posts
I was dissapointed when I saw that the Constitution has become the Brigadier as well. I wouldn't care if my draw length was less than 29.5-30 but I'm right at 30-30.25. Oh well I think I'll sell my 08 Constitution anyway since I'll be shooting recurve for the rest of the year.

· Registered
1,356 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Had another e-mail from John at Bowtech CS. He tells me that the cams on the Sentinel sit 3.5" above the axle pivot and DL will go to 30.5", so I'll take a look when the 2009 models arrive over here.

· Registered
1,356 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I was going to drop in next week and have a chat. Then I found out that they are closed until the 14th :mad:

· Registered
1,281 Posts
Had another e-mail from John at Bowtech CS. He tells me that the cams on the Sentinel sit 3.5" above the axle pivot and DL will go to 30.5", so I'll take a look when the 2009 models arrive over here.

That sounds interesting. I wanted to try a Commander, but never did. My wife is probabaly glad. Anyway I've shot a couple of the "wierd" riser bows and liked them. I'm almost due for a new bow, I'll keep that one in mind.

· Registered
1,356 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I'm not too bothered about looks, after all, I do own an Oneida. But performance is key and I really do like the Bowtech back wall stop.

There is always the possibility of the 37 or 38" Ross, when it is eventually launched. Or, if all else fails I keep shooting what I've got and pick up an 07 or 08 Constitution.

I have to say, there is nothing wrong with my Ross, I just miss that back wall stop, as it has really become part of my shooting system.

· Registered
186 Posts
whats bowtechs plan ?

i have an 2007 constitution. i like it a lot. but i tried a 2006 , and even if their are heavier , less sharp looking , and have not so good grip , i felt it to shoot more stable . i really like the 2006 . so , is bowtechs plan to make the connie not as good every year ?

1 - 20 of 35 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.