Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,571 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
WOW. These batteries pack a punch. I have been using energizer and duracell batteries for years in my game cameras. Not the cheap batteries. Always the max,plus,coppertop,long lasting,etc. I went with the energizer ultimate lithium batteries about a month ago after regular AA batteries not lasting long. I am using the lithium batteries in my moultrie game cameras and moultrie mobile devices. I was having to change batteries about every 1.5 weeks. I was averaging 2-3 hundered pics with new batteries. I am at about 500 hundred pics with the lithium batteries and still at 98% charge. This is the first set of lithium batteries i have run in my cameras and wireless modem. I don't think the lithium batteries or gonna die slowly. I bet there gonna go from full life to dead. I highly recommend the Energizer Lithium batteries. I found them the cheapest on Amazon.

·
Registered
5,641 Posts
Good to know....this cold weather sure eats them fast...

·
Registered
2,976 Posts
Bully, be care full .. I also have been using those for years now. I also have bought from ebay and amazon. I have a very expensive battery tester and many of times I have found dead or 60% on the amazon bought battery's, The best place I have found to buy them is online in Old Saybrook CT. a place called battery junction.com. No counterfeits there. Yes they are cheaper on Amazon, I have bough many on their site, But its hit or miss. learn from my mistakes, Glad you got a good batch.

·
<--best man Ive known
1,461 Posts
I agree. Put some in my Browning trail cam Labor Day weekend and it's still going strong, over 80%, 1000s of pictures later!

·
Registered
2,658 Posts
New Lithium Ultimate batteries test 1.79 to 1.83 volt, this is why in most cases they will last longer.
They are designed for cold weather use. Normal alkaline batteries test 1.55 to 1.60 volt. Using the
Lithium Ultimate in Canada, camera set for 30 second video and operating a 32 GB SD card, the cameras
quit functioning when the Lithium voltage drops to around 1.6 volt. Now install alkaline 1.55 or 1.60 volts
using this card the camera will continue to work until the voltage drops to approximately 1.3 volt. It took
considerable testing to find out why the camera failed at 1.60 volt with the Lithium but worked with the
alkaline at the same 1.60 volt. It was the size of the SD card which was the maximum recommended for
that camera.
Switching to an 8 GB SD card has I did not have any 16 GB, the 1.60 Lithium Ultimate would carry on working.
I tested several brands in the 32 GB size with the same results. These larger cards take a lot more energy
to run them, especially on video (my interest). If you have not done so, set your camera to video, say 30 second
and take some random videos around home. Place the SD card in your computer and open, where you will see
a list of videos it has recorded. On the right hand side of each unopened video, you will see the amount of kilobytes
that video has. For comparison, if you have an older model camera (these will be limited to may be 4 or 8 GB SD
card) and do a similar test. Your video will show pretty much the same quality but checking the kilobytes, there will
be a way less.
Cameras set for pictures, require a lot less power as they are not recording like when taking a video. It is just an
instant shot. There are a lot of options on these new cameras, but one should have the option of turning off what is
not required to save battery power when taking videos.
All the best.

·
Registered
2,976 Posts
New Lithium Ultimate batteries test 1.79 to 1.83 volt, this is why in most cases they will last longer.
They are designed for cold weather use. Normal alkaline batteries test 1.55 to 1.60 volt. Using the
Lithium Ultimate in Canada, camera set for 30 second video and operating a 32 GB SD card, the cameras
quit functioning when the Lithium voltage drops to around 1.6 volt. Now install alkaline 1.55 or 1.60 volts
using this card the camera will continue to work until the voltage drops to approximately 1.3 volt. It took
considerable testing to find out why the camera failed at 1.60 volt with the Lithium but worked with the
alkaline at the same 1.60 volt. It was the size of the SD card which was the maximum recommended for
that camera.
Switching to an 8 GB SD card has I did not have any 16 GB, the 1.60 Lithium Ultimate would carry on working.
I tested several brands in the 32 GB size with the same results. These larger cards take a lot more energy
to run them, especially on video (my interest). If you have not done so, set your camera to video, say 30 second
and take some random videos around home. Place the SD card in your computer and open, where you will see
a list of videos it has recorded. On the right hand side of each unopened video, you will see the amount of kilobytes
that video has. For comparison, if you have an older model camera (these will be limited to may be 4 or 8 GB SD
card) and do a similar test. Your video will show pretty much the same quality but checking the kilobytes, there will
be a way less.
Cameras set for pictures, require a lot less power as they are not recording like when taking a video. It is just an
instant shot. There are a lot of options on these new cameras, but one should have the option of turning off what is
not required to save battery power when taking videos.
All the best.
One of the posts I have seen in a while, thanks again

·
Registered
605 Posts
They last a long time, my prob with them is when they die u get no warning its just totally dead on whatever u use even if it showed 80% 5 mins ago. Cant figure out why that is but i installed them in everything i own and now i get no low battery warning, no partial battery nothing its either charged or dead.

·
Bolts! Bolts! Bolts!
1,819 Posts
1) as stated above, lithium batteries are made to work in cold weather.

2) lithium batteries hold their voltage constant until they are about to die, then it plummets dramatically. Devices will consume about 99% of their battery life. Alkaline batteries on the other hand slowly lose their voltage, so you device stops working at say 1.3 volts, even though you may have 70% battery life left.

·
Registered
46 Posts
I have used lithium batts in my Reconyx camera and got between 12,000 and 14,000 pics. Maybe a full season or nearly so.

·
Registered
2,976 Posts
I find in doing video's no matter what I use for battery's they crap out after a short time. I get 2 weeks with my bushel on Duracell, and 3 weeks with the lithium

·
Registered
1,571 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Bully, be care full .. I also have been using those for years now. I also have bought from ebay and amazon. I have a very expensive battery tester and many of times I have found dead or 60% on the amazon bought battery's, The best place I have found to buy them is online in Old Saybrook CT. a place called battery junction.com. No counterfeits there. Yes they are cheaper on Amazon, I have bough many on their site, But its hit or miss. learn from my mistakes, Glad you got a good batch.
THANKS. I will check out Old Saybrook

1 - 11 of 11 Posts