Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
1,948 Posts
The numbers I got on the E35 I shot was 28/70 420 grain arrow @ 281fps. The E32 should be 3-5 fps faster.

·
Registered
1,524 Posts
What do I need to do to see numbers like that? My E35 is a 29/70 actually pulling 71.9 which is where it was set from Elite. Only weight I have added to the string on top of factory string leeches is a peep and d-loop. I am currently shooting 392 grain GT Velocity XT 300 @ 287 fps and 370 grain Easton Hexx 330 @ 297 fps. I expected to see around 310 fps with the Easton Hexx 330. Am I loosing speed due to the string leeches and limbsavers? Seems the numbers that I am seeing others post are much higher so I am a little concerned. I am not a speed freak but I do want to make sure that I am getting the max potential that Elite has to offer. Any thoughts or ideas.

·
Registered
856 Posts
Lol I have the same prob with dodge cummins ...... Been driving them for year an ussally get about 14 mpg ..... Everyone else tell me they are getting 24...... Mind u mine packs a welder 24/7.....
They are shooting some light arrows in my opinion .....

·
Registered
1,948 Posts
What do I need to do to see numbers like that? My E35 is a 29/70 actually pulling 71.9 which is where it was set from Elite. Only weight I have added to the string on top of factory string leeches is a peep and d-loop. I am currently shooting 392 grain GT Velocity XT 300 @ 287 fps and 370 grain Easton Hexx 330 @ 297 fps. I expected to see around 310 fps with the Easton Hexx 330. Am I loosing speed due to the string leeches and limbsavers? Seems the numbers that I am seeing others post are much higher so I am a little concerned. I am not a speed freak but I do want to make sure that I am getting the max potential that Elite has to offer. Any thoughts or ideas.
The bow I shot was literally right out of the box. I watched them take the plastic off it. The string had stock accessories and they added a D loop. The arrow I shot was one of mine that I weighed. I am taking it with me when I shoot bows to get a real world idea of what my hunting speeds would be before I make a purchase.

·
Registered
1,881 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I don't think 387 is a light arrow. I'm hunting Va Whitetail not elephants. There is plenty of punch here.

Lol I have the same prob with dodge cummins ...... Been driving them for year an ussally get about 14 mpg ..... Everyone else tell me they are getting 24...... Mind u mine packs a welder 24/7.....
They are shooting some light arrows in my opinion .....

·
Registered
spoon & crockpot proud member......killing tomorrows trophys today
29,197 Posts
What is light and what is heavy is very subjective. I have shot arrow that came in under 6 grains per Lb of draw weight for 8 years and my bows were never damaged or effected in any way.

My E32 specs:

54.50 lbs DW
28" DL
loaded string
331 grain arrow

271-272 FPS

·
Registered
856 Posts
I'm not understanding. It is a 340 spine and over 350 grain. If there is something I'm missing please explain. I don't mind learning.
Lol sorry I was confused with another post about sound and vibration.... If it's working for u that's great.....
This is something I don't advertise but lysis summer my 2013 hunter exploded on me... I had some problems with my creote on my cams elite sent me new cams..... I didn't feel comfortable swapping out the cams myself an found a elite dealer a couple hours away.... The dealer was a self proclaimed "expert archer " how could I go wrong?
Anyways he swapped out my cams and sold me about $1200 on archery stuff including a Dozon 350 blue streaks....
Long story short .... Back home at the cave 20 some arrows latter ..... I had a arrow explode along with my bow.....
This is what sold me on elites was the CS they helped me out big time....
What was the potential causes of this failure ?
#1 bow out of time
#2 arrow to light and causing a dry fire
What I learned from this
A accent doesn't mean intelligence
And switching to heavier arrows made my hunter quiet and vibration free
2013 hunter 30/70

·
Registered
20 Posts
I just bought an E32 today. 28/60 350g arrow, factory stuff on strings, d loop and peep. Chrono showed 260fps when set at 55lbs and 277fps when set at 61 lbs. Seemed a little slow and was surprised at the difference a 6lb change in draw weight made. Problem with the bow?

·
Registered
234 Posts
No. I shoot 65# and 385gr arrow at 286fps. Plenty of hard hitting energy. Focus on your arrow selection and you'll be drivin tacks. Oh and btw, Easton's are made in the USA.

·
Registered
20 Posts
I am far from an archery expert. Am using Gold Tip Pro Hunter 55/75's. Other than straightness and spine stiffness what makes for a better shooting arrow? Do some bows prefer different brands of arrows like a rifles prefer different loads?

·
Registered
2,549 Posts
Mine is below IBO (corrected).

I'm getting the following:
60.5# @ 29.1" DL, 384.4 gr arrow at 282 fps, 408 gr arrow at 276 fps.
Bow likes heavier arrows.

Screen Shot 2014-01-05 at 2.16.26 AM.png

Screen Shot 2014-01-05 at 2.17.40 AM.png

·
Registered
1,055 Posts
E32 at 60# 28.5 shooting a easton axis 361 grain with all factory stuff on string besides d loop and titanium peep
Only getting 261fps definitely something wrong. Any ideas fellows??

1 - 20 of 21 Posts