Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,947 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I have a set of seven arrows that out to 40 yards fly like, well, arrows! They are perfect!! How can I be sure to get the same spine when I order more? There are no markings on them to indicate what the spine is. I bought these second hand and I love them!

·
Registered
160 Posts
I hate to make this sound silly but, order the same arrows! If they are wood arrows then find out the spine of them and order more of the same. They won't be identical and you'll have to sort them through but it's a good start.

·
Registered
1,947 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
They are wood, and as I stated I got these second hand. I have no idea where they were originally purchaced at.

·
Registered
2,292 Posts
is there a shop close to you that might have a spine tester?:darkbeer:

Josh

·
Registered
1,947 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I'm not sure if the shop in town has a spine tester. Last time I went, I had just bought my Impala. I went in for a few arrows and asked what they would recommend for hunting. The reply I got was: Son, if your gonna hunt, get you a gun, not a stick. Needless to say I havent been back. Now there is a shop an hour away that may, I'll have to find out.

·
Registered
1,947 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Floxter said:
Contact a good arrowsmith (Paul Jalon at www.elitearrows.com is one). Mail him one of your present arrows and he can make you up a set that match in spine and length.
Now there is an idea!! I never thought of that, LMAO! So simple and perfect. Must be my blonde coming out as to why I didnt think of that.:confused:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts