Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
<------Reese
Reckoning, GEN7X, Fast Eddie XL, Easton 6.5 Matrix, DCA IconX 625
14,906 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Trying to get my 13 yr old son back into archery. I'm looking for something that is adjustable as he is still growing. So far, I've looked at the Bear Cruzer G2 and Diamond Infinite Edge Pro. Any other options in that price range I should look at?

·
Registered
57 Posts
Hi. I just got my 13 year old son a Diamond Infinity Edge Pro. Seems pretty nice. Good adjustability and has yoked cams which can be tuned. The Infinity SB-1 is a little bit more but also an option. There is also the Hoyt Klash which you might find on a black Friday sale coming up which are a bit more.

Problem with all these bows is the quality of the accessories. They are cheap and will need replacing after a while but at least you'll know if he's interested or not before spending good money on them.

·
Registered
2,004 Posts
What about Quest bows? Made by Prime so the quality should be there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
8,639 Posts
Highly recommend the Diamond IEP. Outstanding bow imo.

·
<------Reese
14,906 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for all the responses. I think the closet shop carries Bowtech/Diamond, PSE, Mission, and Bear, so I hope he has them in stock so I can handle.

·
<------Reese
14,906 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
My son is 5'10" and 145 pounds. I probably should have added that in my first post.

·
Registered
442 Posts
Look for a used Hoyt ignite in the classifieds (they usually sell for around 250.oo now) Ive had 3 of them. Bought one for each of my kids 4 years ago and my daughter still shoots hers at 17. She started @ 24# and now shoots 42# My son shot his for 3 years then moved up to the PowerMax which is another bow (if you could find one with the 40 - 50 Lbs limbs) you can find used for reasonable prices.

·
<------Reese
14,906 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Check out this video by Sam White. He compares most of the current bows around the $500 price point. Most of these bows can be had for less than $500 new if you shop around.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=II2A3r4qVhI

These are a step above true entry level bows around the $300 price point but will be a good bow to grow into.
Really like the BT, but just more than I want to spend. His last bow was an Elite E35 with a Pro V rest, Hogg-it sight, and WickStick stabilizer. Couldn't ever get him to shoot, but the other day he asked about 3d shoots. So, want to keep the cost down until he's hooked. Then, we can break the bank!

·
Registered
275 Posts
Really like the BT, but just more than I want to spend. His last bow was an Elite E35 with a Pro V rest, Hogg-it sight, and WickStick stabilizer. Couldn't ever get him to shoot, but the other day he asked about 3d shoots. So, want to keep the cost down until he's hooked. Then, we can break the bank!
Shop around,I've seen the bowtech convergence on sale for as low as $400 new!

·
<------Reese
14,906 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Shop around,I've seen the bowtech convergence on sale for as low as $400 new!
I'd probably be willing to spend that. I have a couple dealers, so will check with them. Otherwise, I think I am leaning towards the Bear Cruzer G2. Seems like a nice bow for the price.

·
Registered
6,589 Posts
Which one? Seems there is a Stinger, X, Extreme, of Maxx.
the StingerX, and Stinger Extreme Max are basically the same.
The Extreme has a different riser, limb attachment system, string stop, and is a bit more heavy(physical weight) Is it better than the older Stinger X????
imho, not really. They all have the same cam system, which is perfect for "a growing archer" very adjustable, with a solid back wall ....(hard to find in a widley adjustable bow)
The Stinger X can be found new for cheap. That is what i would do.
These bows draw, hold, and shoot great!

·
Registered
20 Posts
Mission makes great bows for cheap that are really adjustable. Mission is also apart of Mathews which is a reliable company. They're new line is out and all under $300 for bows adjustable from 10-50 lbs and draw lengths. Also I don't think you need a press to adjust all those features.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts