Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4,006 Posts
I just bought 18 of them from Camofire, so I am hoping they are great. I spoke wiht the owner of Camofire who had just had a long conversation with the owner of Epek, they had a few issues with them opening fast enough to get an entrance hole last year. They changed some things and are now, apparently opening faster. Everyone who ised them last year said the exit holes were unreal! Hopefully we can now add a good entrance hole.

·
Registered
3,262 Posts
They were accurate when I tested them but they didn't open everytime.... Unless they have fixed that issue I am fairly sure that there were problems with the blades not opening everytime.

If they fixed that opening issue then they would be one pretty awesome head. Them things would leave a hole!!!

·
Registered
3 Posts
I used them last year, but I only killed one deer with them. I shot it in the neck, so I couldn't tell how it opened.:eek: Doe died right where she stood though. They do fly EXACTLY like my field points, though. I'm gonna keep using them next year.

·
Registered
971 Posts
In regards to blade deployment there is a surefire way to tell if the blades have deployed. There is a small washer that is supplied with the heads that goes between the head and your insert. When the blades deploy they leave a tell tale nick on this washer. Due to the design of the head the blades sometimes retract when the arrow comes to rest making it appear that they never deployed. Looking at that washer will give you the answer.

·
Registered
2,127 Posts
In regards to blade deployment there is a surefire way to tell if the blades have deployed. There is a small washer that is supplied with the heads that goes between the head and your insert. When the blades deploy they leave a tell tale nick on this washer. Due to the design of the head the blades sometimes retract when the arrow comes to rest making it appear that they never deployed. Looking at that washer will give you the answer.
I think he might have been referring to them not opening on contact. There were quite a few reports I read where guys said they had a tiny entrance hole. I think the owners stated that these heads always open within 1-2 inches, but not always on contact.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts