Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
577 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone!

Check out Episode 48 of The Push Podcast.

In this episode we spend the evening hanging with Tom Clum Sr. We discuss the National Training System (NTS) method of shooting a bow. Tom recently was awarded his Level 4 NTS Coaching Certification. We discuss his experience in gaining this certification and how this system applies to the traditional bowhunter.

Find the podcast on iTunes, Podbean or Stitcher! Or you can listen in on our website: www.thepusharchery.com

Get Primal

·
Shootin and Cussin
23,612 Posts
Tom is a wealth of knowledge. If you shoot trad you really should spend an hour or so talking to him. He just got his L4 and is really unreal how much he absorbed at the class. Lump that into his trad experience and you really have a one of a kind coach.

Now, USA Archery needs to take his knowledge and incorporate it into a special "Traditional" module for the certification classes. Hint. Hint. Hint.

·
Genesis 21:20
21,760 Posts
USArchery incorporating a "traditional" module into NTS?

:set1_rolf2:

Are you being serious?

·
Shootin and Cussin
23,612 Posts
Not so much in NTS. Those concepts cross everything in archery. At least as I understand it. I'll get my L3 over the winter.

BUT.... I have long said the L2 should be split into modules and traditional should be one of those modules. I think barebow should be a module as well. That segment is really growing.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts