Archery Talk Forum banner

Equalizer questions

515 Views 4 Replies 5 Participants Last post by  Witchy1
Hey, anyone know the difference between the 2006 and the 2007 Bowtech Equalizers?

Did they make a 2008 Equalizer? Was it any different?

How come they stopped making it anyway?

And if you had your choice between a Martin Mystic with furious cams and an Equalizer, what would you pick?

I'm a novice. I bought the Diamond Edge just to get started, but the thing feels flimsy to me.

:confused2:
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
1,187 Posts
Not a Bowtech shooter so cannot answer alot of your questions.
My BF shoots an Equalzier and he swares by it. I just bought an Elite and if my heart was not set on that he probably would have sold me on getting an Equalizer
I know 2008 was the last year for it. Have not heard any explanations as to why they quit making it.

Welcome to the Archery Addiction,.:thumbs_up

· Registered
376 Posts
equalizer

I shot a 2007 equalizer for the 07' and 08' 3d seasons. I loved it and cannot reccomend it enough! It is a wonderful bow for a women's bow. FAST too, I was easily getting 250's with light arrows and low poundage (42#). I got an 07' and when the 08's came out I looked at them and there was very minor changes. I too am now shooting an elite Cuda/GT 500 with Cuda cams. It is much like the equalizer.

I don't know why they stopped making them. I think Bowtech is shooting themselves in the foot over that decision.

· Registered
300 Posts
I have 2 Equalizers. A camo '07 to hunt with, and a sweet 1 of a kind custom color '08 for tournament shooting. My hunting rig is shooting a smokin 312fps at 27" and 60# with a 300 gr arrow. My tournament rig is set up for indoors right now and with the same draw weight and length I'm getting 234 with a heavy (500-600 gr I think, haven't weighed them yet) X7 arrow. I know it will shoot right with my hunting rig once I throw one of my 300 gr light speeds on it.

I agree that Bowtech did a dumb thing by discontinuing that bow for '09. I even told Bob Dunn at Bowtech that I thought it was a silly thing to do. I absolutely LOVE my Equalizers. So much that I will NEVER sell them. Hubby can buy me all the bows he wants, I'll probably even enjoy shooting them, but I will be buried with my Equalizers!! ;)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.