Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How do can we keep a really exceptional product from vanishing from the hunting community? The product that I am speaking of is the Equalizer leveling tree stand from Buckshot Manufacturing. ( http://www.buckshotmfg.com/index.aspx )

I spoke with Bill, the President of Buckshot Manufacturing, today about the impending shutdown of their operation. When I saw the announcement on their website, I was really upset because it took nearly two years for them to untangle themselves from a previous partnership which delayed the relaunch of the next generation of the Equalizer here in America. But, I patiently waited for those two years to get my next Equalizer because it is THAT good!

The really sad part is that this product which I have used for years is one of the best of its kind and the technological improvements to this next generation are, I believe, the future of tree stand safety. In part, I blame the hunting community. I say that because the Equalizer only needed 1,000 pre-paid orders to keep it alive. Unfortunately, that order goal was not reached. Therefore, Bill is in the process of refunding all of the orders they did receive simply because that is the right thing to do. Did we think, "I'll wait - other guys will buy one." Or, "I'll get mine later." Or, did we assume that, "It's such a good product, surely they'll meet that small goal."

Sadly, I am also amazed at how hard the laws of our country make it for a small business to raise capital in what I always thought was a capitalist country. I always assumed you could just say, "Hey - do you want to invest in my company?" Apparently in America, that is not how it works.

I am searching for ways to help Bill raise the capital to keep the Equalizer tree stand alive because quite frankly, I want another one. But, beyond my own selfish motivation - I want to see this product survive and thrive for the benefit of all hunters who haven't yet experienced the Equalizer.

I don't know what you can do to help, but I know we are exceptional at finding a way to accomplish success. Archery Talk users always seem to find that perfect product that the rest of us hadn't thought of. More importantly, we find the way to make those products important to the hunting community.

Please spread the word to others in the hunting community. I would love to see everyone flood Bill with a tidal wave of paid requests for the Equalizer. Or, perhaps there is an Equalizer owner who is as passionate about it as I am and who would become an investor.

Please pass along any ideas you may have to myself or to Bill. I have no stake in Buckshot Manufacturing at all. I am just another hunter who wishes to see a great product have the chance to succeed and I'm willing to spread the word.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Just for clarification, the 1000 pre orders option is off the table. From what I understand, all pre order money has been returned. The need is for an investor or a way to better capitalize the company. I apologize for the confusion.

I also want to mention that this also involves the Buckshot line of tree stands (also from Buckshot Manufacturing). The Buckshot stand is a very popular climbing tree stand with many of the same features with the one exception of the leveling option.

Lots of folks I know who have had the Buckshot for years feel the same passion for their tree stand. Many of us have sons now who are learning to hunt and we want another Equalizer or Buckshot or even the parts to replace what has worn on our original tree stands. How many other tree stands can say they get passed down to another generation of hunters?!?!

Thanks to Randyxx75 in another thread on the forums.

·
Registered
1,300 Posts
I am very sorry to hear that they could not reach their pre order goal. I have had my equalizer tree stand since 2008, and without a doubt it's the best climbing stand I have ever owned! I hope they find someone to buy or invest in the company.

·
Registered
10 Posts
got the equalizer 24. always been afraid of heights but the stand will put your mind to ease using it. How can you not get 1000 prepaid orders, when millions hunt. Ive never seen them advertised anywhere. If one guy on a hunting show used one they would be on backorder.

·
Registered
1,300 Posts
Wearferby5 I agree if more people knew just how great the Equalizer stand Is they would not be able to keep up with the demand. Best climbing tree stand period!

·
Registered
72 Posts
Good news everyone. I got this reply from customer service at buckshot manufacturing today. Keep your fingers crossed. Looks like they might have figured out how to stay in business or they got some financial backing. I'll be ordering one for sure with extra parts just in case.

"Hi Greg, thank you for your interest in our co and product.....we will be in production for the 2014 hunting season with Stands and parts and accs....plse watch the website for updates. Thanks"
Thanks from Buck Shot Manufacturing.
www.buckshotmfg.com 910-251-0411

Their website confirms they have not given up.

·
Registered
4,004 Posts
Their customer service was aweful and as such, this company needs to be extinct.

David

·
Registered
3,473 Posts
are they closing or are they opening?

i been watch there web page hope they will still seel tree stands. for awhile they said they are closing, then they said last spring they will be open for the hunting season, then they are closing around xmas even the phone line said that. then a friend asked me and i look again now it said it open again,

please tell me are they closing the doors or are they going to open them again?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts