Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,989 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The older Bowtech Equalizer Testerosa Speed has a problem. One that any owner who shoots longer draw lengths with it are FULLY aware of.

The Equalizer when using the 27 or 27.5 " modules has almost NO Valley. (LA- 1.5 and LA- 1.0)

It's the bows only weakness.
FYI - My Equalizer is set at 27" draw, 58 pounds and a 300 grain arrow is passing through the Chronograph at 300 FPS .

````````````````````````````````````````````````````````

If you would like to increase the valley on this fantastic bow, PM me. There is a way to SAFELY modify the bow to make a huge difference.

I got the idea from vnhill1981. He performed this simple mod on the 26.5" module because he was unhappy with the lack of valley at 26"

I consulted with Bowtech Technical support. Even though they don't warrant the modification they suggested setting the draw stop higher than the factory setting which CAN NOT be achieved with the Un-Modified Modules. With the factory mod you cannot get the draw stop to contact the limb at full draw.

Heck, it's a 2008... 5 years old.
What warrantee?

·
Registered
321 Posts
Not familiar with that model. But doesn't it have a moveable draw stop with a short slot to adjust it. Make or the design the draw stop with a smaller diameter so the cam will rotate a little more. Some times that will give you what you need.

·
Registered
1,989 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks but that does not work.

At full draw, the Modules contact the cables preventing the cams from continuing the movement. Thereby keeping the draw stops from ever contacting the limbs.
You can set the draw stop wherever you want but if the modules stop the roll over, the draw stops are useless.

·
Registered
321 Posts
So what did he tell you to do?

·
Registered
1,986 Posts
LA 1.5 mods(27" on my 08) have a foot that contacts the cables at full draw.

the track in the mod never contacts the cables because of this "foot" and the limbstop is about 1/8th in. from the limb
as well.

you can move the drawstop to contact the limb but leaves an almost "0" valley.

remove the mods and place them together, you'll have to place screws in the mod threaded holes to align them securely.

i used a dremmel w/sanding drum and removed enough of the "foot" to allow the mod track to contact the cables perfectly
and this allows the limbstop to be set a tad higher and gave my bow a significant different feel in the valley.

i may make it sound over-complicated but it was simple, quick and very effective.

·
Registered
321 Posts
Sounds like a good deal!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts