Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
771 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A friend of mine is buying a new bow, it has been 10 years since he has shot or hunted with a bow. I shoot a Tribute and love it and he can pull 70lbs no problem, my question is, his draw length is only 27inches...... Would he be better of with an Equalizer bow? 27 inches is the longest lenght for the equalizer so he would be effectively using all of the cam, but with a Tribute he wouldn't be using all of the cam. Ok im rambling, Would the Equalizer being only a 60lb bow shoot faster than the Tribute set at 27inches and the Tribute being set at say 67lbs? Oh and say his arrows are 400 grains.
THanks for any help.
PD

·
Registered
771 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
ttt

·
Spot Shooter
2,128 Posts
My daughter and I have both bows and I can't say anything about the speed difference but would think it would be best to shoot what fits him. Why not the Tribute in a 27" draw??

·
Registered
771 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
well i thought i read that the Equalizer was faster for shorter draw lengths, and was just wondering if anyone had any experience in this.

·
Registered
4,496 Posts
If he wants to shoot more than 60lbs then he should go with the tribute, set up exactly the same with the same arrow the equalizer might edge it out by a few fps, but if you want to go more weight and heavier arrows then the tribute is the way to go. It will give you more KE that way.

·
Registered
771 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Just got off of the phone with him (he is at the proshop shooting them) He said Ty (local pro) set the Tribute and the Equalizer both up at 60lbs shooting a 400grain arrow, 27inch draw length, the Tribute shot 268fps and the Equalizer shot 263fps, so he then turned the Tribute up to 66lbs with speed mods and shot 281fps. So he answered my question for us both lol... Thanks anyway guys.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts