Archery Talk Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,584 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello fellow ATer's! I am wanting to turn a vacant room at my house into my personal bowshop and I need some advice on what equipment to buy. I would like your advice on what all I need and what "brand" you would recommend. I know there are guys on here that make some pretty impressive presses and such. All advice is appreciated!

I should state that I don't necessarily have to have the best equipment as This will only be for personal use. So I guess I am asking for quality equipment without breaking my pocketbook?!?! If that's possible! Thanks and God Bless!

·
Registered
1,545 Posts
EZ Press or a cheaper option would be the X-press. Apple Arrow saw with vac system. Bitz and Burger Fletching jig, some sort of bow vice (ram is a nice one), draw weight scale, grain scale, Tru-fire safety release, measurement arrow, home made draw board (see DIY forums), d-loop stretcher pliers... d-loop material, vanes, glue, servings, serving jig... just a few things I can think of off the top of my head.

·
Registered
3,322 Posts
EZ Press or a cheaper option would be the X-press. Apple Arrow saw with vac system. Bitz and Burger Fletching jig, some sort of bow vice (ram is a nice one), draw weight scale, grain scale, Tru-fire safety release, measurement arrow, home made draw board (see DIY forums), d-loop stretcher pliers... d-loop material, vanes, glue, servings, serving jig... just a few things I can think of off the top of my head.

Never heard of company... is it like Carl's Jr?

·
edthearcher
6,537 Posts
I have the following and more
2 bow presses
12 blitz fletchers
1 draw board
2 10 foot long string makers
2 arrow cut off saws
1 pull down scale
3 parts storage bins
40 some rolls of 452x string
30 some spools of 3d and hallo serving thread
1 block target to shoot indoors
1 paper tuner and stand
2 10 foot long work benches
yes this is all in my basement

·
Hoyt Nation Life Member
15,077 Posts

·
Registered
1,545 Posts

·
Registered
1,584 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
You guys are funny! Thanks for the input thus far. Any other advice is welcomed and much appreciated!

·
Mountain Life
6,944 Posts
If you could find some old kitchen cabinets and counter top......works good for me...

Attachments

·
Registered
1,584 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks for the pic! It looks like you have a little more space than me, but i was thinking about building a couple cabinets and countertops!

·
Registered
12,132 Posts
i have an ez style press that i bought here on AT with an integrated draw "board" i have a cutoff saw from bowhunterssuperstore.com, bench vise, portable press, paper tuner, chrono, bag target, a vast assortment of archery specific tools, screws, accessories, glues, fletchings, jigs, release ropes, blah,blah,blah. and in about a month a kwik-shooter if all goes well..... good luck with your shop, everything i purchased, was purchased over time obviously, if you got the dough,it will be very pricey to outfit a shop right up front.

·
Registered
2,394 Posts
I got 2, 2 drawer fileing cabinets and a damaged solid core door from the home supply and put the door on top of the fileing cabinets...its heavy enough to use a bow vise and still stay stable.. makes a great work bench...find a stud in the celing and put a eye bolt in it to hang your scales..you can also use a rubber strap between to studs in the celing to hang your bow to work on it..a piece of peg board on the wall is nice to put items you use a lot..dont forget the chronograph....and dont put in a phone if your married...JMO

·
Registered
2,394 Posts
Another handy item is a arrow holder.i made mine with a length of 2x4 and drilled holes in it verticaly and then holes on a angle between the vertical holes..i came in on the edge of the 2x4 for the angled holes...i can put 12 arrows in either row of holes..i attached it to the wall...

·
Archery Addict
3,693 Posts
20 yard shooting lane is a must, even if you have to take walls out and send the kids to grandmas.

·
Registered
2,394 Posts
I just use RCBS reloading scale for my arrows

·
Registered
7,421 Posts
you need and EZ press or any style like that. You need a draw board. A chronograph. Arrow cutter. Bow vise with all levels. A large target. A full set of allen wrenches. Grain Scale. And of course at least 10 bows and 10 dozen arrows............jk.

Are you broke yet????? LMAO!!!!!!

Seriously I have everything I listed except the 10 bows and arrows and I use the other stuf alot. Have fun and let us know what you do with it!!!!!!!

Oh and of course you must post your pictures of the new man cave!!!!!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts