Archery Talk Forum banner

equipment question /arrows

231 Views 4 Replies 3 Participants Last post by  DENVER1219
I have a carbon arrow question. Will leaving my quiver of carbon arrows out side for the season, even if the temps are below freezing , hurt the over all performace of the arrows when ready to shoot? Hope I am wording this right. I don't like bring my equipment in after every hunt and get house smells on it so I will leave it all outside under cover of course.

thanks
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
10,119 Posts
I think you will be fine.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

· Registered
698 Posts
Doubt there would be any affect on the carbon shafts.

If leaving with mechanical broadheads installed, I wonder whether you want to make sure that they were dry before leaving in freezing weather. I have never heard it talked about but wonder if mechanicals that get wet (snow, rain, etc.) during a privious use ever freeze such that they will not open. Hopefully someone can educate me on this.

· Team 34
1,501 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Doubt there would be any affect on the carbon shafts.

If leaving with mechanical broadheads installed, I wonder whether you want to make sure that they were dry before leaving in freezing weather. I have never heard it talked about but wonder if mechanicals that get wet (snow, rain, etc.) during a privious use ever freeze such that they will not open. Hopefully someone can educate me on this.
good question. I never thought about this as I do use Rage BHs

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.