Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am thinking about buying a genesis bow for my wife and daughter. My question is, is this bow strong enough to do some bow fishing (carp primarily). It is advertised as shooting as powerful as a 35 lb recurve. Thanks.

·
Registered
19 Posts
bow

it will do if u are going to be shoting shallow i woudl not try to shoot deeper that mayeb a foot or two i am shooting with aobut 45 lbs and i am fixing to raise mine becuaes i have been losing a few fish becuase i am not getting good enough penetration for deep shots i woudl try to get soem thing with a few more pounds but that is my opion

·
Registered
372 Posts
My cousin started with a Genesis. All right for body shots on small carp near the surface, but he bounced alot of arrows off of bigger fish. I'd also suggest getting something a little heavier. Good luck.

·
Registered
3,074 Posts
These guys are right.

If you like the Genesis features, you might follow the link below. They have collaborated with AMS to make a Genesis bow at a higher draw weight designed specifically for bowfishing called the Fish Hawk. It is a little more expensive, however.

http://www.amsbowfishing.com/product_info.php?products_id=213

1 - 4 of 4 Posts