Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
674 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A local shop in Springfield, MO was broken into this past weekend. Really done a cleaning on everything.

Items taken were:

21 Mathews bows: FX's, LX's, Icon, LH Conquest 3 and an SQ2
10 Hoyts
1 Reflex
1 Parker

Several Rests and sights- all over $100.00, left cheaper stuff. Also took all the Wasp broadheads, left the rest.

Anyone have any information or thoughts on anything please contact Archery Quest in Springfield, MO 417-863-8060.

This isn't the shop I deal with, but I will try to help them out in anyway possible. I will get more detailed inventory later in the week. They are still discovering missing items.

Thanks for the help.

·
Registered
1,859 Posts
This sucks!!!!

I shoot at Marks shop in the indoor season and I sure hate to hear this.

I will certainly keep my eye open for any suspicious stuff for sale in my area.
There is nothing I hate more than a thief!!!

Sean

·
74,535 Posts
Seria Numbers on Mathews

Can be traced to oringinal owners. Hopefully someone will find them.

·
Registered
224 Posts
Any of this stuff have serial #'s or anything. I'd keep an eye on eBay. A huge hual like that could easily be passed off that.

·
Banned
1,622 Posts
Been There

I had a bunch of my archery equipment stolen so I am feeling your pain.

I hope you are able to recover your stuff and catch the lowlifes who took it.
God bless.

·
Registered
3,705 Posts
Such a shame

What a shame. I hope the find the guys, which they probably will because with a haul like that they are going to be wanting to turn it into cash fast, and trying to dump 30+ bows quick will catch someone's attention.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Probably should give all the pawn shops and bow shops within reasonable distance a call and see if any body has come in trying to sell NEW archery equipment.

·
Registered
2,715 Posts
That sucks! I was in there a couple of weeks ago, and heard Mark say that someone had tried to break-in earlier that week, but didn't succeed. I guess they came back.
I'll keep my eyes open. I sure the SPD has the pawn shops covered.

·
Registered
2,321 Posts
Someone on here was trying to sell a bunch of Mathews from MO.....Dont know if this has any connections are not...But check out the classifieds,....

·
Registered
11,769 Posts
i used to go in that shop alot when in school at smsu, great guy to deal with. hope they can locate this equipment and dish out some justice. sounds like whoever it was knew archery and knew what they were looking for. keep us posted on what happens, easton94

·
Registered
233 Posts
stolen stuff

Good luck finding this stuff a local shop got broke into this spring they never found any of it about 25 grand in bows tree stands and acc's. The bad thing is that the lovely insurance system is still giving him a hard time. if we see anything in our neck of the woods we will sound the alarms........

·
Registered
89 Posts
I will keep a look out in SE MO for you, I will also alert our shop owners here....Someone stole a new Hoyt from us last year right from under our eyes at the shop. Good luck in catching the crooks.

·
Registered
163 Posts
Serial Numbers

If you can get them, post all the serial numbers you can, on here.

Personally, I think ebay should require that you show the serial number on bows you are selling. I love ebay, but it makes it easy for low-lifes to unload stolen goods all over the world.

If you would post the serial numbers on here, at least 5,000 archers would be able to tell if they just bought a stolen bow. It should also should deter the thieves from selling them on here, if you make it easy to prove they were stolen !!

I'm sorry to hear about the misfortune, I'll keep my eyes open here in Illinois !!

·
Registered
788 Posts
sorry to hear about the brake in i hope they catch them.one thing though stealing left handed bows was pretty dumb they will stick out a mile if they try to sell them,there aren't many of us lefties so unless they stole to order they are going to have a tough time selling them.maybe this is what will catch them out.

·
Banned
333 Posts
whew they

took a load!!!! watch the pawn shops and EBAY and the other OFF BRAND auctions they just may show up .... after all they have to sell them .. if not why steal???? those scum bags need a ga thief party !!!!!

·
Registered
2,099 Posts
Thieves need to be hanged

Yes, if we could get the serial numbers that would be great, we know the shop is busy taking inventory so when ever. Also dont for YAHOO. I know I live in MD, but the wife is from St. Joe and we will be retiring there in a couple. Hope you can at least find the Ba$tards.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts