Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
With a bunch of old stock going up for sale all of these bows are around the same price. I am looking to buy my first bow with a hunting focus. In your experiences, which bow would be the best to purchase?

·
Premium Member
2,145 Posts
If you want a firm back wall when you pull back the bow? The Bear Escape and BR33 have the option to install limb stops on the cams. If you have a Draw length between 26.5 to 30 inches go with the Escape or Approach HC if you have a draw length between 30 and 33 inches go with the BR33.

Personally I would go with the Escape or BR33 because I prefer the limbs stops over the cable stops.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5010 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
20,644 Posts
The BR33 is one of the smoothest bows I've ever shot. It's very comfortable to shoot while still getting good performance. The Escape is faster but that comes at a price of being stiffer to draw and a shorter brace height. Not a huge deal all the time but the shorter brace height is a problem for some, especially with heavy hunting clothing on. I haven't shot the Approach HC but I have handled it and I like the grip better than what's on either the Escape or BR33, they have the same grip and if you look at their line for the last couple years, you'll see that it only lasted 1 year because it sucked, IMO.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts